The Next Day

It was the next day, Riley sprung up from her bed. Riley quickly got dressed. Riley called Maya, instead of texted because this was urgent. Riley kept pacing back and forth in her room, the phone was still ringing. Maya didn't pick up. Riley was nervous because Maya didn't pick up. Riley called again and there was no answer. Riley was so scared Maya wouldn't come, and thought Josh would be angry at her. Riley was about to go to Maya's apartment, until her parents yelled it was breakfast time. She was too nervous to even think, she ran to the kitchen and didn't say a word.

"Hi Riley, did you have a goodnight sleep?" Topanga said.
"Yes" Riley said in a low voice.
"Are you ok? You don't look happy Riley." Cory said with a narrow face.
"Uh-um..... No, I'm fine........... JOSH IS GOING TO BE ANGRY AT ME!" Riley yelled.
"What, why?" Topanga asked.
"B-Because...... I promised Josh that Maya would be here, and I called Maya but she didn't pick up!" Riley sobbed.
"Riley......." Cory said softly.
"Why did you think Maya would come over, after what happened between her and Josh?" Topanga asked.
"Well..... Because. I sorta tricked her that Josh wasn't coming today and he already left." Riley said quickly.
"What!" Cory said.
"Riley were raised you to tell the truth not to lie! You have to tell Maya that Josh is coming." Topanga said.
"How?" Riley asked.

Right after Riley said those words Josh walked in.

"Oh boy" Topanga said softly.

Riley didn't know what to say to Josh. She walked up to Josh full of nervousness.

"Josh, I need to tell you something." Riley said in a low voice.
"Ok, sure what is it? And uh, where is Maya. You said she'll be here?" Josh asked.
"That's what I need to talk to you about Maya. She isn't coming." Said Riley.
"What! Riley you said she was coming!" Josh said with his eyes widening.

Right after those words Maya came in.......

"Hey, sorry Riles that I was late." Said Maya.
"Josh.... " Maya said with her heart beating faster.
"Riley you said Josh was not going to be here today! I trusted you!" Maya said with tears coming down her face.
"I'm sorry Maya!" Riley said.
"You know what, I don't know why I came, I've should have trusted my instincts." Maya said with a frustrated voice.

Maya started to go back home, until Josh grabbed her.

"What are you doing?" Maya said.

Josh didn't say anything, he just grabbed Maya's hand and ran to Riley's room. Once Josh and Maya entered Riley's room, he slammed the door shut.

"Josh, what are yo...."

Maya never got to finish that sentence, because Josh went up and kissed her when she said that.
The kiss lasted a little bit longer than when Maya kissed Josh. At least 7 seconds! Josh cupped Maya's face. Maya pulled her lips alway from Josh's.

"Josh....." Maya said softly.
"What?" Josh asked.
"What was that for?" Maya said in a low voice.
"Be-because, I like you." Josh said blushing.
(Maya starts to blush)

Maya and Josh were about to kiss again until Lucas walked in on them.

"Maya, I still have feelings for you!" Lucas said.

That's probably the biggest twist out of all my chapters! But I really hope you all enjoy this chapter and also comment down below if you saw that twist happening??!???
                         ~Geneieve_101