CHAPTER SEVEN: I hate you

I woke up and noticed I was in a white room of sorts, the memories of what happened gradually flowing through my mind. I had no idea where I was or where in the world Jay was. I tried to look down at what I was wearing and also survey my surroundings, I noticed the machine beeping every time I take a breath. My head aches every time I try to lift it and my body hurts a lot to move. I try to move my legs, but they won't move. I touched my head and noticed there was bandage around my head. I felt for the button to push the bed up and I realised I had a few burns on my arms, when I found it, I slammed my arm down to press the button. As I sat up I could hear some voice outside the room.

" Doctor, please we need to know if she's okay, we've been here for two hours now, yet you can't tell us anything, we have also checked on her but she's still unconscious," a familiar voice said.

I'm going in to check on her now, so don't worry everything is under control, a male voice said.

"Can we go in with you?"

"Yes, for sure you can.

The door opened and I could see Lucy and Martha with a young man, who seems to be the doctor, enter the room.

"Kate, you're awake, Martha said, as she came towards me.

Y.. E... S, what... Is.. Wrong... With..m..e?Why.... Can't....I....feel...my....legs??? I asked

The doctor answered me, "you are paralyzed."

"will she be able to walk again? Lucy asked, with tear in her eyes. I could tell she has been crying..

I don't think so, but we will run some test and hope for positive results.

Do.. ct...or, what... About.. My... Baby, I asked.

The look on the doctors face and the Logan's told me I was in for the worst.

"I'm sorry we..... I cut him off before he could finish.

"No, I.. Don't ...want...to...hear..it, please...don't... tell.. Me.. What...i..th.. ink.. It...is." I said with tears in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, we tried all we could but we couldn't save it, the doctor replied. I closed my eyes, tears flowing down my cheeks....

Honey, I'm sorry about the baby but you should be thankful you're alive, Martha said.

"I.wo..uld..ra..ther... die...th..an... live..., look...at..me,..I..can't...even...talk...well and..i..would...never..be..able..to..walk...again and...to..top.. it..all.. I..lost.. My.. Un..born...child, and.. You.. Want..me..to..be..thankful.

"Don't say that, you're not certain you won't walk again, the doctor says he is still running some tests," Lucy said.

"you need to rest so you can get better," Martha said.

" I..want..to..know..wh..at..ha..ppen..ed..to
Jay? I asked

"Oh don't worry dear, Jay is alright, "he had is Seat belt on, so he just had a nasty concussion, along with some horrible cuts and bruises, but he is okay. "He was released the moment he woke up." Martha replied.

As I drift off to sleep thinking how all this could happen to me after everything I've been through because of the baby, I still ended up losing the pregnancy, "how can this happen to me? Can't I have one moment of happiness?After a while, Lucy and her mom left me, saying they would be back the next day to check up on me and that the doctor said it would take another one month before I could be discharged, I was also told that I had been unconscious for two weeks.

As I drifted off into a restless sleep, I knew in my heart of hearts that I would always blame Jay for the fact that he got away with minor injuries and here I am paralyzed for life. "I hate him with a passion and I will make him pay somehow, no matter what!"