EPILOGUE: the best I could ever ask for

Reminiscing about my life and how this past few years have been the happiest times of my life, got accepted to Harvard business school and after four years, I graduated with great grades, and my graduation ceremony was beyond perfect as I got proposed to by Jay that very same day and I said yes, and I don't regret this cos I am married to the most amazing and wonderful man in the world, and after about two years of being married to Jay, we had our first child, a boy, which we named Derek Kelvin Logan and about three years after Derek was born, we had our beautiful baby girl and we named her Jemima Lucy Logan after her aunt Lucy, who was so glad and elated at having our daughter named after her.

We also made her and Jeffrey  (who by the way are still very much together, and I'm sure it won't be long before they walk down the aisle themselves) the godparents of our children, making sure our children receive the best kind of love and care, also since the mansion is quite big and we didn't want to leave Martha all by herself in the big house, we decided to stay there and have our children grow up there too. I can't believe I finally have the kind of family I've always wanted.

My mom has finally moved in with us, which makes us one big family, Lucy is yet to get married though, and Martha has been pestering her about it but she always seems to be avoiding the question, so today I've decided to ask her what the problem is between she and Jeff

As I went upstairs into Lucy's room, I walked in and noticed her watching a program on TV.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" she replied not taking her eyes off the TV.

"Lucy, could you like reduce the volume or turn off the TV for a while, I would love to talk with you."

After a while, she turned off the TV, sighing she faced me and said "So what's up?"

"It's nothing really, it's just I'm bothered about you and Jeff, you guys have been together for almost ten years now and there's still no sign of you guys getting married any time soon, so I want to know if there's any problem between Jeff and you".

Looking down at her lap, she replied "to be sincere, I'm beginning to worry myself, I don't know if he will ever ask me to marry him, besides I'm not sure he loves me cos he has never said the word 'I love you' to me, all our ten years of being together".

"I really don't know what to say, perhaps you should ask him about it yourself, and I know I asked you to be patient but this is like ten good years of you being with him, my advice is you ask him where you stand with him once and for all"  I said.

"do you think I should do that?, I don't want to  loose him" she said,  looking into my eyes.

"trust me if he does love you, he should have asked you to marry him by now, I know I like him, and I wouldn't mind for him to be part of the family but I can't see you get hurt because of him"

Sighing she said with a little bit of sadness " alright I would ask him"

"You don't need to worry about that" Jeff said.

We both turned around to see Jeff at the door, I was surprised to see him there so I asked.

"how long have you been standing there?"

"long enough to know what you guys were talking about" he replied with a smirk.

I stood up to give them some privacy "I will see you later" I said, as I walked out the door, closing the door behind me, rather than going to my room though, I decided to eavesdrop on them.

"Lucy I'm sorry I waited this long to tell you how I feel, I do love you and I can't imagine life without you" Jeff said.

"you do?" was all Lucy could utter.

"Yes, I do" he replied.

"since when?" she asked.

"I can't really say, but I think the problem was I thought I was still in love with Kate so I didn't realize I loved you and I guess I was also scared to let my heart love again, but when Kate gave birth to Jemima, I realised I also want to have a family, and that I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you" he said.

"Really" she said, more like a whisper because I had to strain my ears at the door to hear her

"Yes and that is why I would love to ask you to be my wife, the mother of our future children" he said.

"of course I will, don't you know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that?" Lucy said, sounding so breathless but I could tell she was beaming cause I could hear the joy in her voice, since I didn't want to be caught eavesdropping on them, I decided to leave before they come out to share the good news.

I went into Jemima's room to check up on her, when I got there, I noticed she was already awake and playing with her toys in her crib, so I picked her up and went back downstairs, today will mark her ninth month on earth already.

When I got downstairs, I saw my three year old son playing with both his grandma's, which brought a smile to my face, as I settled down into one of the sits in the living room, placing joyful Jemima on my lap, Lucy and Jeff walked down with smiles on their faces and holding hands like they were never going to leave themselves, with the smile on their lips I could tell they were about to break the news to us, which I already know,  clearing his throat, Jeff spoke

"we have some great news to tell you guys"

"judging by your expressions, I can tell you guys are about to head down the altar" I said, giggling.

"What!!! Really?" both mom and Martha said, smiling.

"Yea for real" showing us the ring Jeff gave her.

I wonder when he gave her cos during the period I was eavesdropping on them I didn't think he gave her one.

"wow, that calls for celebration" Martha said, jumping up from where she was sitting with Derek.

"And what are we celebrating?" a very curious Jay said from the door way.

Derek seeing his father, ran up to meet him saying "daddy, daddy, you're home, see what me, grandma and big grandma drew" and his father picked him up and looked at the paper he was holding, and saw something that looked like a house.

"wow, that's really nice son, is this our house?" his father asked.

Derek nodded his head in response.

Still carrying Derek, he said  "will someone tell me what we are celebrating?".

Before anyone could answer, Derek did "Aunty Lucy and uncle Jeff are getting married" he said, grinning from ear to ear.

"wow, really? That's great, cos I was already planning to have a talk with you guys on that matter myself" Jay said, beaming as he placed Derek on the ground and went to hug Lucy and Jeff.

"Congrats" he said after hugging them.

After a while, Jay excused himself, saying he had to go take a shower and rest, while the rest of us sat back and bombarded the newly engaged couple with questions relating to when the wedding would hold and how we could help with the preparations. At a point though, I zoned out of the conversation and just sat back to watch the amazing family God blessed me with as they spoke joyfully about  Lucy and Jeff's wedding, I can't help but be thankful for being a part of this family, this wonderful family, watching them like this makes me realize how much they have come to mean to me and I to them, and I'm certain we will always be like this with my husband by my side always and forever.