Seventeen

-Mark-

I ran after him.

I kept running until we ended up at my old elementary school. I had no idea why he chose to come here but I didn't question to follow him. He still didn't turn around once he stopped running and started walking around the school. I didn't make any moves to get closer to him either.

All of a sudden he stopped and so did I. He slowly turned around to look at me. His face was streamed with tears. "Why did you follow me Mark? I thought you didn't care about me."

I tried to walk further towards him but he held a hand out stopping me. I sighed. "I never said that I didn't care about you Jack."

He laughed slightly. "You telling me you didn't want to be friend anymore does mean that Mark."

I desperately tried to get him to understand. "Jack, I did that because I thought that's what was best for us! You have no idea how much stress I've been going through since we've been together. I've gotten in so much trouble since I've met you and lately I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore!"

He gave me the most disappointed look. "You should've told me Mark! We could have talked about it! But no, your brightest idea was to tell me that we couldn't be friends anymore."

I looked down at my shoes. "I was scared Jack..."

He started yelling. "And you didn't think that I was scared too? You should have known something was going on when Holly came around and I got all upset. Or did you forget that happened?" I didn't say anything so he kept going. "I was scared too Mark and I still am! You have no idea how I am feeling right now and you still don't even ask me!"

"It's because I'm scared to know Jack. I don't know if it's what I really want to know..."

He took a deep breathe to calm down. "Mark, ever since I've met you, my life got a whole lot better. You're the only person in this world who could ever make me feel the way I do but when you left me," he started to cry, "I felt my whole world fall apart."

My chest filled with guilt. It seemed I was the one who was doing the most damage to him when all I wanted to do was protect him. "I'm sorry," I said. It was the only thing that would come to mind.

He yelled again, "And you keep doing it Mark! Saying sorry isn't going to fix anything."

I started getting frustrated and I yelled back, "Then what do you want me to say Jack?! Tell me what you want from me!"

He brushed his tears away the best he could. "I want you to stop being so scared..."

I sighed and looked down at my shoes. "Fine, I'll stop."

I heard Jack take a deep breath and say, "I love you Mark."

I looked at him confused as I felt hope rise in my chest. "What do you mean?"

"I love you more than you think Mark. I've been feeling this way for a long while now but I was scared to tell you due to all the trouble it could cause if you knew." His voice started to sound shaky. "But you know what, all the trouble was happening with in me and I didn't know how to stop it. Now I don't want to stop it anymore. I want you to cause trouble in me Mark. As long as it's you, I know that I can handle it."

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. All this time he was feeling the exact same way I was feeling. To him it seemed like I was ignoring him because he then said, "I knew you didn't feel the same. You probably want nothing to do with me now."

He was going to walk away from me but I quickly grabbed his wrist making him stopped and I said, "Jack, I didn't say anything."

He sighed and didn't look at me. "Yet you don't feel the same way."

I pulled him close to me and held his chin gently to make him look at me. "I didn't disagree to anything either."

He looked at me with hope in his eyes. It was a now or never situation. I decided to stop being scared and let it out. "Since you confessed...I guess it's my turn." I placed space between us as I explained. "I've always felt like I should protect you Jack because you were everything that I used to be and I didn't want anything to happen to you. Then we ended up getting closer than what I intended. And I don't regret it. You've made such an impact on me and my life that I don't know what to do without you anymore. I want to give you anything that you want. So if you want me to cause that trouble in you then I will, only if you do something for me."

"What is it?" he asked quietly.

"I want you to cause trouble in me too. I don't care what happens between us, as long as we are together, we can do it." He started crying again. "Jack what is it?"

He blushed deeply covered his face slightly. "I'm just so happy to finally hear it."

I went over to him and hugged him tightly. "I love you Jack."

He held me so tightly as if he was afraid I was going to go anywhere. "I love you too Mark."

I made no move to kiss him then but we ended up walking around the school holding hands and just talking like we used to.

By midafternoon we decided to head over to my house. "You know we might get suspended for just running out the school like that right?" he said.

I laughed and brushed his comment away. "I'll talk to Nate and explain to him what happened."

He blushed and looked at our hands. "You don't mind if people know we are a thing?"

I wrapped my arm around his waist which made him blush even more. "I would never be embarrassed to tell people we're dating."

He smiled happily. "I just get so happy to hear that."

I smiled back. "Good because you'll be hearing it a lot."

It made me happy to know Jack and I were officially going to be a couple. It felt like I was waiting for this moment forever. I also knew starting from that day forward, I would do my best not to leave his side.

-----

A/n: This is not the last chapter! I will posting the last one later today! :)