True feelings

The wind blew through my hair and the smell of Dimitri's cologne hung in the breeze. I looked over to see Sofia and Dimitri coming this way. Sofia's boots clicked on the cement runway as she quickly closed the gap between us.

" Anna! You can't be leaving. The wedding is coming up." Sofia said as it looked like her eyes were watering up.

" Nikolai says it's dangerous for me here, also Dimitri has done something that I don't know if I can forgive him for." I explained as I hid the lower part of my face in my scarf. I didn't want her to see my quivering lips. I was already on the brink of tears as it was.

" You're crazy. The safest place to be is with us." Sofia said as she hugged me close.

When I glanced over at Dimitri, he resembled that of a child who had just lost a parent or something. His hair was a bit messy and he had dark circles under his eyes. He looked very sad and it made me feel sad just looking at him.

" Thank you for all your love. But it's time for me to go." I said as I broke the hug and waved good bye.

" Anna Wait!" Dimitri said as suddenly I was turned around and he kissed me.

His lips were warm and his arms wrapped around me protectively. My head started to spin as the kiss intensified. I couldn't control myself and my arms wrapped around him.

Deep down I really do love Dimitri. And the fact is no matter what I do or what he does I can't shake this feeling. I want to truly and honestly marry him but after all I have done up till now I can't stay.

As we pulled apart from our kiss we both caught our breath. He looked me in the eyes and pleaded," Anna I love you, and I don't want to let you go. Please stay here and marry me." He pleaded as he got down on one knee and showed me the ring I wore to the Mafia meeting.

He had never proposed before. All we did was sign papers and put on a show. But now it was real. He truly and honestly wanted to marry me for me, for love.

" Dimitri." I whispered as I was taken aback by this gesture.

My head was still spinning and all my worries and doubts disappeared in my overpowering love for the man in front of me.

" How many times do I have to say it? Yes." I said as I wiped a tear from my eye.

" You have made me the happiest man alive Anna." Dimitri cooed as he hugged me tightly and nuzzled his head on my shoulder." Now let's go home." He said as he suddenly picked me up and carried me away from the plane.

" W-what?" I asked as my face turned a bright red.

He took me to his car and drove me back to the house. I caught a glimpse of Nikolai through the back window and he had a proud smile on his face. Sofia on the other hand looked a little upset but over all happy. This must have been her ride out of here.

I looked to Dimitri as he drove through the streets of Russia.

" Thank you for saving me from leaving. I was truly going to miss everyone." I admitted as tears rolled down my cheeks. I was just so happy to know his true feelings for me.

" No Anna thank you. When I found out you were leaving Nikolai told me not to come. He said that me being there would upset you even more. But after a long sleepless night of imagining life without you I couldn't let you leave. I needed you and I wanted to show that to you." Dimitri said as his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

" You're too much." I giggled. I know that times will most definitely get rough again, and again in the future but that doesn't matter. Life is about learning to forgive and forget. You love your partner with all your heart and accept them even if they are in a Russian Mafia. We are all individuals who have stories, we all feel pain and we all feel love. And you should never judge a book by its cover but, by its content.

Once we got home people were happy to hear that our relationship was back on and many thanked me for some odd reason. The wedding preperations were back on and Sofia and I found the perfect dress.

December 23 came quicker than expected and the wedding was upon us. It was finally time to make this fairy tale a reality... ... ...