five

Josh started to panic when Tyler picked up a pair of jeans. They were the same size that he always wears and there was no way he would be able to fit into them. However, Josh stayed quiet as they walked towards the dressing rooms.

"I won't be too long." Tyler said as he walked into one of the dressing rooms.

Josh breathes deeply and sat down on the couch on the opposite wall.

After a few minutes, Tyler came out of the dressing room holding the jeans and keeping his eyes glued to the ground.

"They don't fit." He mumbled.

Josh looked away while he tried to think of something. He didn't want Tyler to be sad but how could he convince him that he was still skinny?

"Maybe it's just the way these are cut!" Josh said. "Come on, let's go try another style."

Josh led his boyfriend back to the jeans area but he still didn't know what to do. He kept his mouth shut as Tyler picked out three different brands of jeans all in the size he used to fit in.

After 10 minutes of waiting outside the dressing room, Josh started getting more worried. He got closer to the closed door and only then could he hear quiet sniffles coming from the other side.

Josh knocked on the door once. "Ty? Can you let me in, baby?"

After a few seconds Josh heard a click on the doorknob before Tyler opened it a crack.

Josh slipped in the small room and shut the door behind him before turning to Tyler.

His boyfriend was standing there with tears falling down his cheeks and his arms crossed over his tummy.

Josh took a deep breath. "What's wrong?" As if he didn't know.

"Don't act like you don't know." Tyler said sadly, his voice shaking. "I told you I'm getting fat. God, I need to stop eating so much." He brought his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes roughly.

Josh tried to hold his ground. "The store probably changed their size chart, no big deal." He gave a tight smile that wasn't very convincing.

Tyler looked up and narrowed his eyes. "Are you kidding me? Stop lying to me, Josh! It's so obvious that I've gained weight. Look at this!" Tyler snapped as he shook his belly up and down.

Josh bit his lip and swallowed. That definitely did not turn him on at all.

"It's almost like you're trying to fatten me up or something." Tyler said.

Josh looked up with wide eyes and stared into Tyler's sad ones. They stayed like that for what felt like forever until it finally dawned on Tyler.

Tears welled in his eyes again before he quickly ran out of the dressing room.

Josh groaned and buried his head in his hands. He really fucked up.