eleven

The car ride to the venue was quiet. They were coming in from the airport, now on their way to a dress rehearsal before the tour started tomorrow.

Tyler couldn't stop moving. He kept running his fingers through his hair, playing with the hem of his shirt, wringing his hands together, etc.

They had gone shopping for clothes three weeks before they left. Although, Tyler's appetite hadn't slowed down, so his new wardrobe was already starting to feel a little snug. He had checked his weight the night before, and in total he had put on about 30 pounds.

Josh, on the other hand, had spent the weeks leading up getting back in shape. It was as if he had never gained a pound, much to Tyler's dismay. Sure, he didn't really mind what Josh wanted to do with his body, but it still would've made him feel a little better if it wasn't just himself showing up to their crew and fans unfit.

Tyler sucked in a breath when the driver turned into the venue's parking lot. Once the car stopped, Josh hopped right out while Tyler took his time.

Within seconds, Josh opened Tyler's door and held out his hand. "Everything is going to be okay. I promise."

Tyler pursed his lips, but nodded and grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

As soon as they walked through the door, someone immediately tackled them with hugs.

"Guys," Mark said from where he was clinging onto the two, "I missed you so much!"

Josh chuckled. "Missed you too, buddy!"

Mark then pulled back, and that's when he noticed how much Tyler had changed. The surprise was evident on his face, though he tried to play it off, "Hey, Ty! You look good."

Tyler's chubby cheeks turned pink as he ducked his head down. "Thanks." He mumbled.

Mark cleared his throat. "Anyway, you guys ready for a run through? We have everything all set up; was just waiting on you guys."

Josh nodded. "Yeah, sounds good. We'll go change into the first outfits and be right out."

Mark grinned. "Cool. Clothes are all out for you guys in the dressing room. Just make a right here and it's the last door on the left."

Josh nodded and wrapped his arm around Tyler's shoulder to lead the way.

Once inside the room, Josh closed the door gently and locked it.

"That was so awkward." Tyler muttered.

Josh sighed. "He was just a little surprised. He still treated you the same."

Still frowning, Tyler shrugged and walked over to the rack where their stage clothes were hung. He started to search for their first outfits, when something dawned on him. His eyes widened and he whipped around, facing Josh again.

"Oh no." Tyler choked.

Concern washed over Josh's face. "What's wrong?"

"We forgot to get me new stage clothes." Tyler sniffled. "These are all my old size."

Josh ran his hands through his hair and bit his lip. "Um. Oh god. We - we can work with this. We'll just, um... We'll do the run through in what we're already wearing and go shopping later."

"When?!" Tyler exclaimed. "By the time we're done rehearsal all the stores will be closed! And tomorrow we have interviews all morning and afternoon...." He buried his face in his hands, trying to muffle his cries.

Josh frowned and brought him in for a hug. "Ty... It'll be okay. We'll figure something out."

A knock on the door startled them. "You guys okay?" Mark called.

Tyler choked on a sob and pulled away from his boyfriend. Josh sighed and walked over to the door to open it. "Um, we have a bit of a problem." He whispered to their friend. "Can we talk in the hall?"

Mark looked past the drummer at Tyler with a concerned look on his face before nodding. Josh slipped out of the room and shut the door.

"So, I'm sure you noticed that Tyler's put on a little weight." Josh cleared his throat. "We, uh, forgot to mention it to you before now. So, like... His stage clothes aren't going to fit him. And we don't know what to do." He looked around anxiously.

Mark hesitated. "Is he okay? He's never.... He's always been thin."

Josh realized the other man's concern. "Oh, yeah, yeah. He's fine. He's happy. Before we left he was honestly the happiest I've seen him in a while. He's just insecure about other people seeing him."

Mark sighed with relief. "Good. I was worried when you guys first came in. I mean, I don't mind. It was just a surprise, you know? I thought something was wrong."

Josh shook his head quickly. "No, he's good. Promise."

Mark smiled softly. "Well, uh, I kind of have to be here for the rehearsal. Do you guys think you can do it without changing and then I can run out tomorrow while you're doing interviews to get him similar stage clothes?"

"Please? Oh god, thank you. He'll be relieved." Josh replied gratefully.

"No problem." Mark grinned. "Just text me his sizes later tonight."

Josh nodded. "Thank you again."

They parted ways and Josh went back into the dressing room, finding Tyler sitting on the couch with dried tear streaks on his face. Josh frowned and sat next to him.

"Hey, baby. Mark's going to run out tomorrow for us. Sound good?"

Tyler moved his head so it was resting on his boyfriend's shoulder. "Okay." He mumbled.

Josh wrapped his arm around the brunette's shoulder. "He doesn't mind, Ty. I promise that you're just overthinking and nobody will mind."

Tyler stayed silent, and Josh started to rub his arm soothingly.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until there was another knock on the door, presumably from Mark. They knew it was their signal that they were needed to start rehearsal.

Tyler stood up first. "Guess we should go."

Josh nodded. "Yeah."

Tyler took a deep breath before opening the door and walking out.