twenty-one

After two more weeks, Mark had officially had enough. He knew Josh and Tyler were just being dumb at this point. All they had to do was talk it out and everything would be okay again. The show's were getting way too awkward for everyone to watch since there was absolutely no interaction between the two, and he could see how it was tearing the two of them apart.

So that's how Mark found himself barging into Josh's dressing room after soundcheck. The yellow haired man was taken aback by the abrupt entrance, staring wide eyed while spitting out the donut he had been stuffing in his mouth.

Mark briefly gave him a confused look, then shook his head and returned to a serious face, "You need to talk to Tyler."

Josh visibly shrunk further into his seat on the couch. "What?" He swallowed tightly.

Mark rolled his eyes. "Don't play dumb. You both know you need to talk to each other. This is getting to be ridiculous! Whatever fight you guys had, you need to work it out. It's affecting all of us and it's taking a toll on the fans too."

Josh groaned and rubbed his hands over his face. "We didn't even have a fight. That's why I don't know what's going on! We were totally fine but he just started to ignore me for no reason."

Mark frowned. "Then you really need to talk about it still. Something obviously happened that closed Tyler off and he needs you."

Josh scoffed. "He has Jenna. He only wants Jenna."

"What makes you say that?"

Josh gave the other man an incredulous look. "Where have you been?! He requested separate hotel rooms, dressing rooms," he brought out his hand to start counting on his fingers, "won't even be on the same bus as me, and won't talk to me at all, even on stage. What do you call that?"

Mark sighed. "You and I both know that Tyler sometimes has trouble-"

"Oh, don't give me that crap, Mark," Josh interrupted. "He's only ever around Jenna. He doesn't need me." His voice cracked then, but he tried to hold back his urge to cry.

Mark shook his head. "Look, I don't understand the situation, none of us do except Tyler. That's why you need to talk to him. Find out what's wrong. I don't really think it's anything you personally did, but whatever it is, it's hurting the both of you and I can't just sit back and watch that happen."

Josh laughed dryly. "What do you mean hurting the both of us? He's happy with Jenna, can't you see it? And I'm completely fine, so I don't know what you're talking about."

Mark narrowed his eyes at the other man. "Josh, look at yourself. You are not fine. You've been occupying yourself with food and you look like a kicked puppy all the time. This," he gestured with his hands, "is not you. I'm worried about you, dude."

Tears brimmed Josh's eyes and he sniffled as he brought his hands to cover his face. It was true, over the last two weeks he had been eating more and more, and could now officially be called chubby. His shirts were tight around his midsection and his belly created a muffin top over his jeans. He knew he definitely needed new jeans sometime soon because there was no way these would fit for much longer.

Josh bit his lip and looked up from his hands. "So, that's me. Tyler's still fine."

Mark sighed. "You really haven't noticed, have you? I know Jenna's a good distraction for him, but still... He's gained more weight. I know before you said he was fine when he first gained it, and I could tell he was too. He was so happy and calm. But this is different. It's like he's doing it as a way to try and comfort himself, but then he looks so guilty after he eats. It's not 'happy weight,' ya know?"

Josh gnawed harshly at his bottom lip. God, how had he not noticed?

Mark brought his hand up to run through his own hair. "Just please go talk to him. I know if I went to him he wouldn't initiate a conversation with you, so please. I'm begging you. I just want you guys to be okay."

Josh nodded, keeping his eyes trained on the floor. "Thanks," he mumbled.

Mark nodded, more to himself than Josh, and left, closing the door softly behind him.

I guess it's now or never, Josh thought.

He slowly stood up, but froze when he heard a loud rip from behind him. After realization, he groaned and first headed off to change into sweatpants.

After changing (and man, were these tighter than he thought), he slowly made his way to Tyler's dressing room. He arrived quicker than he would have liked, and was briefly thinking about backing off and running back to the comfort of his own dressing room. But then he remembered how worried Mark was, and decided against it.

He took a deep breath as he stared at the door in front of him. His heart hammered in his chest as he raised his hand to knock.

"Hey," Josh gulped.

________________________

I thinkkkk there's only going to be like 5 - 7 chapters left (if I'm guessing correctly lol)