thirteen

Josh didn't return to the venue until an hour before they were set to go onstage. When he walked in, everyone was frantically running around backstage, but when they all saw him they calmed down immediately.

"Where have you been?!"

"You're supposed to be getting ready!"

"We've been looking for you for hours!"

Josh rolled his eyes. "I was out for a walk." He replied simply before turning on his heel and walking towards the dressing room.

"A four hour walk?" Josh heard someone mumble behind him, but he didn't turn around.

Once inside the dressing room, he saw Tyler applying his makeup to his hands and neck. Josh barely gave him a glance, but as he walked to retrieve his first stage outfit, he noticed something was off. Tyler's white dress shirt was snug on his frame, the buttons stretching across his belly exposing slivers of skin in between. The waistband of his pants dug into his sides, making his belly form a muffin top over it with his love handles hanging over the sides.

"Uh... Ty," Josh cleared his throat, "Did Mark get you new clothes?"

Tyler stopped from where he was applying the makeup to his neck and stared into the mirror. "Yes." He said through clenched teeth.

Josh stared at him blankly. "Are you wearing them?"

No response. Tyler just stood frozen.

"Did you give me the right sizes to give him?"

Silence.

Josh groaned. "Tyler, why would you do that?"

Tyler turned around to face his boyfriend. "Because I don't want to admit how big I've gotten! I didn't want one of my best friends to know exactly how gross I am. Are you happy now?"

Josh narrowed his eyes. "So you thought it would be better to go onstage like this?"

Tyler rolled his eyes. "I didn't think going a couple sizes off would make that much of a difference.

"Well it does." Josh scoffed.

Tyler turned back to face the mirror, rubbing his hands up and down his neck angrily, trying to make the makeup darker. "I told you before I don't even want to talk to you."

Josh nodded. "I think I'd like that." He turned to grab his clothes and went in the bathroom to change.

Once he closed the door, he leaned against it and sighed. He hated fighting with anybody, especially Tyler. Both of them were being unreasonable, he knew it. Things got way out of hand, and he knows he should be there to make Tyler feel better. But Tyler also can't just pin his insecurities all on Josh when he was the one to decide to go further with his weight gain.

Josh decided they would need to have a long talk later tonight, but first they had a show to do. He could only hope that it would go well.