05

I was preparing breakfast when he came inside the kitchen; shirtless only with his favorite grey sweatpants hanging around his hips, showing his Calvin Klein's underwear. "Baby," His morning voice called, which always made me swoon and melt into a puddle.

I hummed, kept doing the pancake mix. He walked closer to me and grabbed my face gently with his hand. His eyes soon met mine, and they were dull and exhausted, still had a hint of the alcohol as well.

"Why you weren't sleeping on the bed with me last night?" I looked away from his hypnotizing eyes, letting his hand slip off from my face. "Did I hurt you again?" I shook my head.

"No, baby," I looked at him again. "I'm good,"

"You were sleeping on the couch?" I nodded. "Why?" He absentmindedly asked.

"Because you told me to," I smiled. "And I didn't want to make more upset, so I did sleep on the couch," He sighed then leaned both of his elbows on the kitchen's counter and ran his hand over his messy hair.

"I'm going to the therapy as soon as possible. I promise," I nodded, showing no expression. "You trust me, sweetheart?"

I looked up from the mixing bowl and sat down the bowl on the counter, then I walked closer to him. I tiptoed to reach out his neck and put my hands on the back of his head. I stroked his madly soft hair really really gently and landed a kiss on the corner of his heart-shaped lips. "Of course,"

He wrapped his big arms around my slim waist and held me close to his body. "I'm sorry," He had said those two words over and over again. But yes, of course I always forgave him. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I didn't mean it, you know that right?"

"Yeah, that's fine," I tilted my head to the side. "Bruises can easily fade away, Elliot. Don't worry,"

"But not the scars on your heart whenever I hurt you both physically and mentally, baby. Please don't lie to me, I know you're not okay,"

"Sssh," I shushed him by putting my finger over his moist lips. "As long as we're together, I'm okay,"

He leaned his forehead on mine and closed his beautiful eyes. I wiped the tears that had fallen on his face with my thumb gently and kissed away his guilt. "I love you, Chanti,"

I brought his head onto my shoulder and let him hugged me as tight as he wanted. "I love you too, Elliot. So much,"