19

I sighed heavily and held the sheet as close as I could to my body. It was 1 AM and I still couldn't sleep. The mixed emotion inside my chest was just wouldn't go away. I repeatedly sighed and glanced over the clock on the wall, hoping to just eaten by sleep as soon as possible.

"Can't sleep?" Elliot's voice from behind my back slightly surprised me. "Come here," He wrapped his arm around my waist from behind; I was the little spoon while he was the big one. "You okay?" He interlaced our fingers, his warm breath hitting the back of my neck.

"I-I don't know," I whispered. "Maybe,"

"Well, we're getting married, you should be okay," His voice muffled through my hair as he slowly mumbled. "What happened?"

It had been a while since the last time we had a real deep conversation about what was going on. Most of our time were filled with the endless screaming, yelling. "I met Claire earlier this afternoon," He hummed, telling me to keep going on with my story. "She's upset with me,"

"Yeah? Then that makes the two us,"

"I have a feeling this won't go away anytime sooner," I chewed inside of my cheeks. "I don't know how to tell her about us,"

"Do you actually have to?" He whispered. I shrugged, noticing him my answer without saying anything. "Let's just sleep, okay? We can figure this out later," I lightly nodded. "Alright, good night, love,"

***

Elliot just left to work, I was about to do the dishes when someone rang the bell. I wiped my wet hands and quickly walked to the front door.

"Hey," Said the dainty tall figure in front of me. I furrowed my brows and folded my arms in front of my chest.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She looked up to me and I could notice her red puffy eyes. "Whoa, are you okay?" I moved closer to touch her. I pulled her into a hug and she started to sob on my shoulder. "Sssh, I'm here. I'm here," I ran my hand soothingly on her back.

"I'm sorry, but I literally don't know what to do," She pulled away and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry for yesterday," I nodded.

"Do you wanna come in?"

"Sure,"

I let sobbing Claire in then closed the door behind me. She walked slowly to the couch as I followed behind her. "What happened?"  I asked carefully, I sat next to her. "Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" She shook her head and ran her hands roughly over her face.

"Gosh, I don't know what to do," She huffed. "Do you wanna help me?"

"Of course," I took her hand. "What's wrong?" She sighed and began to tearing up again.

"I-I think I'm pregnant," She looked over me. I almost popped my eyes out, cause honestly I'd never knew that Claire had a boyfriend.

"A-Are you positive? Is this just a minor slip or?" She shook her head. "No?"

"We were dating. I'm sorry I didn't tell you,"

"Were?" I tilted my head to the side. "What do you mean by 'were'?" She sobbed uncontrollably. "Sssh, honey you can tell me, what is it?" I held her shoulder.

"He left me because I told him that I might be pregnant. I can't raise a child by my own, Claire. I don't know how to tell mom and you. At the same time, I can't abort this baby either," I immediately hugged her and she poured all her tears onto my shirt.

"I'm here, I'll help you. You, me, we can do this," I stroked her dyed blonde hair. "I'm here for you, we're gonna make through this. Trust me,"

"I-I bought the pregnancy test. Can I take it here?" She pulled away. I nodded.

"Sure,"

***

I sighed and knocked the bathroom door. It'd been a good 10 minutes, and she hadn't come out yet. "Babe, are you okay? What does it say?" The door slowly opened, revealing my beautiful concerned sister with a pregnancy test stick on her hand. "What does it say?"

She closed her eyes, "Two stripes,"