29

Two months later

My tummy grew bigger and bigger each day. I had to wear baggy shirt to cover it up, I wouldn't let Elliot cuddle with me every night anymore. I hadn't told anyone about my pregnancy yet and I still hadn't decided what to do about it either.

Elliot, on the other hand, he was getting absolutely better. He sometimes still had couple of drinks but not too much. I put a pretty high hope for him.

"Babe," He held my hand out of sudden. We were eating our dinner and lately, I tend to get distraught by my own thoughts about my pregnancy. I looked up from my meal to meet Elliot's concerned face. "Are you alright?"

I smiled, "Yeah, why?" Then I continued to swirling the pasta with my fork.

"I don't know—you just seem to be far away. Are you sure you're alright?" I nodded, reassuring him. I gave a gentle squeeze to his hand.

"Love, I'm fine. Don't worry, okay?" He pressed his lips together and just nodded. I sighed in relief once he continued with his meal.

I silently stared at him under my lashes, admiring his pure beauty. He still had a scar on his cheek from the accident but somehow I still found him irresistibly flawless. It was insane for me to think how was it even possible for someone to truly love another person like I did.

Suddenly, I felt a very uncomfortable knot on my abdomen and before I could complain about it, the food that hadn't even digested made its own way back up to my throat. I quickly ran to the bathroom and hunched over the toilet, lowering myself as low as I could so that the vomit wouldn't splattered all over the floor.

"Chanti," Elliot ran after me and there he was now, watching me vomiting my guts out. He helped me with my hair as I kept emptying my stomach. "Gosh, Chanti what happened?" He ran his hand over and over my back.

I coughed from the itchiness on my now dry throat when the knot was finally gone. I moved closer to the sink and washed my mouth with the water then wiped it off with the paper towel. I spun around to face my concerned fiancé with both of his hands on his hips and biting his bottom lip nervously.

I leaned my lower back on the sink and then there was a split moment of silence between us. "Elliot," I finally spoke. "Actually there's something I wanna tell you," I breathed out, my voice was terribly quiet and barely audible.

"Darling, what's wrong?" He asked. "You scared the hell out of me, just tell me what's wrong," He moved closer to me and put both of his hands on my shoulders.

"I-I don't wanna disappoint you or scare you, that's why I've been keeping this for myself for months," A frown formed on his thick brows.

"Hey," He pushed my chin up with his finger and landed a soft kiss on my forehead. "You can tell me anything, Chantel. I'm here for you,"

I shook my head and my heart dropped from his sincerity and soft voice. I closed my face with both of my hands and began to sob. "Oh no no, please don't cry," He pulled me into a hug and let me cry on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, giving me the feelings that I needed. "I'm here, I'm here, babe. Don't worry, I'm here and I love you," He pressed his cheek against the top of my head as I kept bawling my eyes out.

"I can't tell you right now," I said. "I don't wanna put you in a such hard situation,"

He pulled away but keeping his hands on my upper arms, "I've never been in any hard situations because of you, Chanti. Don't you ever think like that," He shook his head, eyes filled with disappointment and sadness.

I continued to sob, chocked with my tears several times. I shook my head again, "No, I'm too scared to tell you," Instead of being mad, he pulled me in again and this time I hugged him back. He hugged me rather tight yet so carefully; probably didn't wanna break me even more.