13

I chuckled softly from watching Claire and some of my relatives dancing along with the music. I sat on one of the table, holding my second glass of wine. The bride and the groom had already exchanged their vows earlier this afternoon and afterwards, we were having a great dinner and party near the beach.

"Hey, I think it's enough, don't you think?" I reminded Elliot with his drinks. He sighed but nodded anyway, then he landed a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"Sure, babe," Then he sat down his drinking glass on the table. "I'm going to the toilet, okay?" I nodded. I kept watching the girls and even some of the boys dance and have a major fun.

"Oh shit I'm so tired," Claire sat right next to me with beads of sweat were dripping off from her temples and neck. "And my makeup is all over my face, damn it," I giggled and waved a tissue in front of her face. "Aw thanks!" Then she took it off from my hand.

"I'm so happy to be here," I smiled. "We should visit mom more often," I looked over her and she was staring at the dancing couples on the dance floor with a lazy half smile.

"Yeah," She nodded. "I need to go to the toilet," She stood up and disappeared from my sight.

Minutes later the sky was already completely dark, the white patio lights were hanging around the place prettifying the night. My mom was still busy talking to the guests and the dance floor was still full with people and their dancing partners.

Christina Perri's 'A Thousand Years' was echoing throughout the beach, warming the atmosphere. I smiled from seeing how beautiful the view was; the perfect night sky, white lamps hanging around the place and warmth covered this blessed wedding.

"Come," Elliot's voice broke my thoughts and his hand was gripping my wrist tightly until my skin was turning white

"Elliot—"

"I said, come," His voice was stern and I could see his reddened face from under the dim light. He stood me up and began to drag me away from the party, passing by the guests.

"Elliot, is everything okay?" I said, while struggling to walk with my sky-high heels against the grass. "Elliot, slow down please I can't walk,"

"What did you tell your sister?" He stopped and immediately spun around. "Huh?" I stammered from his intense scowl.

"I-I didn't tell her anything," I shook my head. "What happened?" My voice started to shake in fear. I brushed my palm across my wrist with Elliot's red handprint around it.

"Don't you lie," He scoffed bitterly. "What did you tell your sister?" He asked the same question and I still had no ball to tell him the truth.

"I didn't tell her anything," I emphasized. "What happened? Why are you asking me this?"

"Don't play stupid on me, Chantel," He hissed and grabbed my cheeks, making me gasped and instantly grabbed his wrist.

"Elliot, stop," I tried to pull away from his strong and tight grip. "You're hurting me," I whined.

"You told her that I'm an alcoholic, didn't you? You told her that I always hurt you whenever I'm drunk, huh?" I couldn't smell his usual intoxicated breath, which meant he was completely sober; he was just very upset. "You told her that I'm not a good boyfriend,"

"Elliot, what—"

"You feel that I don't deserve you because I'm a fucking alcoholic!" He raised his voice, letting my face go. "I thought you said that you can accept me for who I am,"

"I never told her anything!" I yelled back. "She accidentally saw my bruises, I've never shown her anything on purpose!"

"You made me look like an asshole, Chantel! Now she hates me and doesn't trust me anymore thanks to your whiney ass!" He pointed out finger to my face.

"Excuse me?! You know what, I'm not having this bullshit. I'm going home," I spun around and walked fast to my mom's house.