27

I rested my forehead on the bed while sitting right on the chair next to sleeping Elliot. His condition was only getting better this past three days, thank God for that. But the doctor kept injecting some mild dose of painkillers into his IV and made him sleep all the time.

"Chanti," He stroked the back of my head softly then I looked up to him. "Go home, have some good rest," He gave me a sincere apologetic look and continued, "I know you haven't slept well,"

I shook my head as his hand trailing down to gently stroke my cheek with his thumb, "No, I'm not leaving until you get better," I yawned and tightened my jacket since the air conditioner was very cold; Elliot liked it that way. "I'm good, okay? Don't worry,"

"How long do I need to stay?" He asked.

"The doctor said you can go home this week, depends on your recovering process," I explained. "Do you need something?" I stood up from the chair to reach his tired face with some cuts on his cheeks.

"No," He murmured. Suddenly, I felt knot inside of my stomach and I immediately ran to the bathroom. I crouched near the toilet, letting all the last meal I ate to pour out into the toilet. I was extremely nauseous and also my hands were shaky.

I carefully stood up and flushed away the nasty vomit. I walked towards the sink and washed my mouth, wiping off the remaining from the corner of my lips. "Are you okay?" He asked once I walked out from the bathroom.

"Just a little bit of a stomachache," I shook my head and sat on the edge of Elliot's bed.

"Are you sure?" I nodded. Probably from the tomatoes from the salad that I ate last night, I thought to myself.

"Just go back to sleep, baby. You need some more rest," I took his hand and stroked it lightly with my thumb.

***

A week had finally passed by and Elliot was finally allowed to go home. However, he still had casts around his arm and he still had to be on a wheelchair since his legs were still too weak after the surgery.

"Okay, do you need anything else, babe?" I stroked his exposed forearm with my knuckles.

"Chanti, you've done enough. Please, go to sleep and have some good rest. I'm fine, love." He furrowed his brows.

Although it was hard to admit, he was right. I was pushing off my limit almost too far by now. I was very tired from taking care of him in the hospital and stuff, but I wanted to show him that I was still going to be there for him no matter what.

I huffed, giving up before we got into some kind of argument because of me being stubborn, "Alright," I nodded. "But just wake me up when you need something, okay?"

He chuckled, "I love you now please go to sleep,"

It'd been around ten minutes and I still couldn't go to sleep or even take a quick little nap. I was just kept worrying about Elliot. He was out there in the living room, watching some crime shows, I could tell by the sound of his ones.

When I sat up, the knot was there again. I swallowed my saliva couple times, just trying to push the nauseous back and held it but I finally had to go to the bathroom and vomiting, again. I didn't know what was wrong with me but all I knew, I kept feeling this thing for the past week and kept vomiting as well.

Then, it just hit me really quick: what if I wasn't sick?

note:

probably too predictable, but who knows?