Chapter four.

Chapter four.

Christmas Eve at Ashton's - that's where we all were; my mum, dad, Noah, Ashton, his mum and his dad. We had just eaten a meal that his mother had so nicely cooked for us. But, I barely managed to eat a couple of potatoes and had to have mum cover up for me.

Today I felt worse than I've ever been before. My body was extremely achy and I had an awful pain in my tummy, I felt exhausted and I had a headache too. All I wanted to do was sleep but I didn't want to worry anyone and so I dragged myself out of bed this morning.

"Who wants marshmallows in their hot chocolates?" Grace, Ashton's mum, asked.

"Me!"

"I do."

"Me!"

"We would, please."

"Abby?" She asked.

"No thank you," I smiled politely.

Grace nodded and headed towards the kitchen. We all sat around the fire with blankets and pillows, watching Santa Clause the movie. One of my all time favourites, this was. The fire crackled.

Grace came in with the hot chocolates on a tray and handed them out. We thanked her and proceeded to watch the film. "Abby... Are you okay?" Ashton asked me.

No, I'm not, I thought. I could feel myself going, slowly. Maybe this was my time; maybe I'm about to die.

I went very weak and the room started spinning. The mug fell out of my hands. People shouting and panicking ended up as one big noise. The pain in my stomach got even more intense and my eyes rolled right back.

"I love you," I croaked, struggling to breathe.

My chest was tight and I was gasping for air. Then my body went numb. I couldn't feel anything, apart from that intense feeling in my tummy. I was drifting in and out of darkness. I could faintly hear someone telling me to keep my eyes open but I couldn't.

I went with the darkness.

* * *

"She nearly died."

"That's exactly why she needs to go through chemotherapy."

"Can't we just make her?"

The sound of beeping and voices was what I awoke to. I didn't open my eyes straight away, however. I took time to think of how I was feeling. My tummy hurt but not quite as intense and the headache had subsided, but apart from that, everything else was roughly the same.

I opened my eyes.

"Abby! Sweetie you're awake! Noah go and get the doctor," Mum urged.

He left the room. Mum starting fussing over me, asking how I was and just worrying. "Mum stop. I'm fine," I grumbled.

The door opened and in walked Noah with Dr. Malaki. "Abigail, how are you feeling?"

"In pain," I gasped.

"We gave you pain relief about two hours ago through your drip, so I'm afraid I can't give you anymore just yet. We also did a blood count and Abigail; it's not good at all. I really want you to give chemotherapy another chance," He pleaded.

I shook my head.

"That is your choice and I will respect it but it could save your life, Abigail. If you change your mind, you will have to be quick about it because your condition is progressing rapidly. I don't give you much more than a month left to live, otherwise," he informed me.