Chapter nineteen.

Chapter nineteen.

"Here." Ashton dropped a large piece of cardboard onto the coffee table, along with a black sharpie, a blue and a red one. He also added a piece of string and a hole puncher to the table.

I cocked my head to one side. "What's this for?"

He stared at me blankly. "Free hugs..."

"Oh! Wait, why aren't you at school?"

Ashton shrugged, "I took the day off. Now come on, Noah is leaving in half an hour and he said he'd drop us off at the mall on the way."

"Okay."

I grabbed my piece of cardboard and rested it on my lap, then I picked up the blue sharpie. Ashton mimicked my actions and began writing on his board. Writing in large letters, I alternated between the blue and black pen, writing 'free hugs' in the centre. I then used the red pen to draw two people hugging in the corner, thinking it would egg people on to hug me... That sounded weird. Once I had finished writing, I picked up the hole puncher and smirked. There was absolutely no way that this would go through cardboard.

"Ashton..." I started, a smirk on my face.

"Hm?" He mumbled, not looking up from his drawing.

"What's this for?" I shook the hole punch.

He looked up and gave me an odd look. "It's a hole puncher, Abby... You know, the thing that puts two holes in things?"

My smirk only grew wider. "The cardboard is too thick for it, it won't pierce holes through. Look, I can't even wedge it between," I showed him, trying to push the cardboard through the little gap but it didn't happen.

He blushed hard, looking back down at his piece, grumbling to himself. I laughed and got up, then walked to the kitchen. Pulling open the draw, I grabbed a sharp knife and a chopping board, then carried them back into the living room where I was sat. I placed the chopping board on the coffee table and then put the cardboard on top. Ashton looked up with wide eyes, staring at the knife in my hand but he didn't dare say anything. I rolled my eyes and pushed the knife through the cardboard, pressing hard until it went through and hit the chopping board. Grinning proudly, I did the same to the other side and took the knife back out.

"See!" I cried, "That's how you do it!"

"Abigail! Put the knife down, you're going to hurt somebody!" Ashton reached out to grab the knife, causing me to drop it onto my knee in shock.

"Ow!" I hissed. "Shit!"

Ashton jumped up and ran to fetch the first aid kit and a towel. He then knelt besides me and started too wipe the cut with disinfectant wipes, causing me to cringe in pain. He muttered an apology and then bandaged my knee, seeing as the cut was kinda big. Ashton then kissed my forehead and took the first aid kit back to its place. Maybe using a knife wasn't the best idea that I had, especially a large, sharp one.

"You really should be more careful," he frowned as he walked back into the room. "Are you okay?"

"Fine," I grumbled, wincing in pain.

Ashton sighed and wrapped me up in a hug, rubbing my back gently. My head was placed against his chest and I clung on to his top, not wanting him to let go. It felt really nice to be wrapped up in his arms, especially as this time it wasn't a friend hug but a relationship hug. He pressed his lips to my head and kept them there. I smiled. This was definitely going to be something that I'd miss when I'm gone.