Chapter twenty.

Chapter twenty.

It's funny how fast time flies when you're having fun, but it's also scary when you realise you're living the last few weeks of your life. I couldn't ask for a better way to spend them weeks though. The last month and two weeks had been pretty chilled out. Ashton, Noah and my parents took me to the beach so that I could send a message in a bottle and we also visited the mall again to take photos in the photo booth. I stuck the strip on the front of my wardrobe, making a mental note to put them into a scrapbook once I had time.

Last weekend, Ashton and I took the train to Manchester so that we could attend the concert there. The bands that were playing weren't really well known, but all that mattered to me was the concert experience. It didn't matter if I didn't know who was playing because they were the only tickets we could get at such short notice. And anyway, they were really, really good and I found myself enjoying their music. The whole atmosphere was beyond anything that I could have expected. The bright lights, loud music and fans all gathered together to support one band - it was phenomenal. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Today, Noah woke me up at 6am, giving me half an hour to get ready. It was a fairly warm day outside and so I threw on some shorts, trainer socks, converse, a vest top and I threw a jumper in my bag in case it got colder later on. Skipping breakfast, we got into the car and drove over to Ashton's house, where he put a load of stuff into the boot and climbed in next to me. I leant my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

I'd say it was about four hours, maybe five later when I awoke. Just as I was opening my eyes, Noah was pulling up at the side of a massive field. I frowned in confusion. "Are we lost?" I asked, my voice groggy.

Noah let out a hearty chuckle, "No we're not, Abby."

Ashton got out of the car and I was just about to take my seatbelt off and follow him when Noah slammed my door shut, telling me that I had to close my eyes otherwise I'd ruin the surprise that Ashton has planned for me. He did roll down the window for me though so I could hear them and be reassured that they weren't just going to leave me there. I put my hands over my eyes and closed them.

"Shit! Noah help man," Ashton cursed.

I heard a chuckle from Noah. "You're so stupid sometimes! How did you think that that would not happen?"

"Shut up," Ashton grumbled, "Just help me. It's heavy."

A smile formed across my face as I heard Ashton being all defensive over his actions. Knowing him, he probably did something stupid without even realising and well, Noah loves joking and messing around with people so he probably was just teasing him. I loved the relationship between my boyfriend and my brother. Most people cant say that as their brother is usually over protective of them and don't like the idea of their sisters having boyfriends but not my brother. I guess it's kind of different in a way, for me though due to my situation.

"You go set that up and I'll confirm with him." Noah and Ashton's voices we're getting increasingly louder, meaning that they were getting closer to the car.

"Can I get out yet?" I questioned, my face starting to get sweaty because of my hands.

"No!" Both boys shouted at me.

"Okay, okay! Jeez."

It took them about half an hour to set up whatever it was that they were doing, walking back and forth to the car to get things out of the boot. Each time I asked if I could get out or if they were ready yet, I'd just get yelled at so it was a relief for me when they came and helped me out of the car until, of course, they blindfolded me. Ashton walked behind me with his hands over my eyes to make sure that I didn't cheat and Noah guided me towards their set up.