Chapter twenty-one.

Chapter twenty-one.

I was on a plane, hundreds of thousands of feet up in the air, sat with Ashton. We had been on the plane for about half an hour and in that time, we had already gone through four packets of share-bag crisps, three pints of diet coke and two large bags of haribos between us. Majorly unhealthy? Yeah but who cares, we're going to Paris!

The doctors advised me not to go on the trip, that it would only be a toll on my health but I took that risk anyway. I had nothing left to lose so I was willing to live life on the edge. They reckoned I had about five days left to live now and I could definitely feel and understand why they would give me that estimation. After finding out, mum contacted the Make-A-Wish foundation and requested this trip as soon as possible, which they were more than happy to agree with.

My parents didn't really want me to go because it wouldn't be beneficial to my health but after a lot of crying, begging and sulking, they gave into my insolent ways and let me go. I can't say Ashton was too pleased about it either but as he said, 'anything for you.'

We planned on staying in Paris over night, then flying back tomorrow night ready to spend my last three days with my family. My deteriorating condition was definitely taking it's toll on the people around me that I loved - they had started to treat me like I was about to break any second and they were always hovering around me and making sure I was okay, but I didn't mind it too much because I knew they meant well.

"We will be landing shortly, please put your seat belts on," the air hostess announced and then turned away, walking as if she had a spring in her step.

Tiredly, I reached over and clipped it in. Last night I had about fifteen hours sleep and yet I couldn't help but yawn. "Are you okay?" Ashton asked as he brushed a piece of hair that had fallen in my eyes.

"Yeah just tired. Are you?"

He nodded and pulled me closer, allowing me to lay my head on his shoulder. He held me to him as he ran his fingers through my hair. We started to land just as I put a chewing gum in my mouth to stop my ears popping. Ashton did the same.

Once we landed and exited the plane, I quickly went to the bathroom to get changed. Ashton's hoodie that I wore was changed to a pink vest-top and my joggers were changed to some white shorts. I replaced my trainers for my white converse and stuffed the other clothes back inside the bag. I had one more outfit for tomorrow that was neatly packed. Once I was done, I made my way over to Ashton who was patiently waiting and took his hand, walking off to the hotel.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation had hooked Ashton and myself up with a beautiful, expensive hotel. We climbed the spiral staircase up to our floor and swiped the card to get in. I was in heaven. There was four poster bed in the middle of the room with red drapes coming down - there was rose flower petals leading from the door to the bed and around it. We had a side table and a jacuzzi across the room, next to a see-through door. Through the door was a bathtub, a shower, toilet and a sink with complimentary sweets and toiletries. If you was inside the bathtub and somebody was in the other room... Well... All your bits would be on display.

Ashton dropped our bags down next to the table and sighed in content. "This is beautiful," he claimed.

"Look!" I cried, running over to the other door. I pushed them open and stepped out onto the balcony. "Ashton, Ashton! Look! You can see the Eiffel Tower!"

I heard chuckling behind me and then two arms wrapped around my waist, a chin on my shoulder. "The view is almost as beautiful as you," he smirked, jokingly.