chapter 1

Darla came home from school with Atticus, she had a paper in her hands to give to Patrick and/or Emily.

"What's that, Darla?" Atticus asked.

"Permission slip," Darla explained. "We're going to the Bloomsberry Museum for a field trip, I need Mom and Dad to sign it and then ask them if they can come as chaperons."

"They've been busy lately, but if they can't, then I'll go with you and maybe Cherry could come too." Atticus replied.

Darla smiled, then went to find their parents.

'And I'll come too, there's no way I'm missing out on a trip to this museum.' Patch thought to himself.

Darla found Emily and got her to sign the permission slip and asked her about being her class's chaperone.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear," Emily replied apologetically. "I have a business meeting then."

"What about you?" Darla then asked Patrick.

"Sorry, Darla, I have lunch with my new boss." Patrick inforemd.

Darla sighed about them not being able to go to her school field trip with her.

"It's okay, Mom and Dad, I'll take her." Atticus said.

"Oh, thank you," Emily smiled to him. "I'd love to go and all, but this meeting cannot be rescheduled."

Darla smiled and hugged her adoptive brother. "My first field trip!"

"Yep, let's just hope we don't get any stowaways." Atticus said, winking, getting the feeling a certain Dalmatian puppy would come along.

"If you wanna bring him, make sure security doesn't see," Darla whispered. "I haven't been to a museum since an opening in Hollywood once, but I'm pretty sure no pets are allowed."

"If I know that pup, he'll know how to sneak in." Atticus said.

"Just be careful." Darla advised them.

Patch nodded, knowing just what to do based on past experiences in sneaking into places with Atticus before.

"Don't worry, we will." Atticus said.

"When's the trip?" Patch asked.

"The end of this week," Darla informed. "I'm really excited... I hope it won't be boring."

"Whenever we're on a trip or vacation, it never is boring." Atticus said.

"I guess..." Darla shrugged, she was really willing to give the field trip a try.

Atticus agreed, he also decided to visit the Brown family later that afternoon.

Mo was lying down on the couch and making her bandanna bob up and down while Si and Am tried to get it.

"Lower it to us right now, human!" Si screeched.

"We want it!" Am added.

"This is way too much fun..." Mo smirked as she continued to tease the evil cats.

"Give it up, Si and Am, she's never going to lower it down to you two." Angel smirked.

Si and Am hissed, still trying to catch the girl's bandanna. Mo laughed as she still teased them for the entertainment of the dogs since they didn't like the cats.

"This is so entertaining." Scamp said, enjoying to see the evil cats trying to catch Mo's bandanna.

"Yeah!" Danielle laughed. "Better than chew toys any old day!"