Rise Above This

Song: Rise Above This by Seether

Warning! Involves attempted suicide, abuse, and self-harm.

Mark sat on the roof of the building, looking over the edge. He thought he'd end it all, thought he was worthless. He placed his feet on the edge, slowly leaning forward.

"Don't! It's not worth it! Please!!"

He turned around to be greeted by a girl.

He just stared at her, not realizing she was pulling him back onto the roof.

"I'm not worth saving..." he mumbled.

She looked at him, a tear shedding from her pretty (e/c) eyes.

"You are worth it! Don't keep telling yourself that." Her eyes filling with tears.

She turned to the man and hugged him. He slowly felt the girl's arms wrap around him, pulling him off the ledge.

"I know that you might think I'm a stranger, that I don't understand..." the girl began to roll up her sleeves.

   Dozens upon dozens of scars scattered across her arm.

"My father used to hit me. Told me I was a mistake and that I should be treated like one. He beat me until my eyes were swollen shut and all my ribs were cracked. He shouted that I would never be anything in life. So I believed him...," her eyes stained red from crying.

Mark grabbed her hand and looked at her.

"We'll rise above this...
rise above this doubt...."

"I thought I was better off gone because I thought no one cared... but I realized that people care about me, that I'm only human and make mistakes. I heard you from my room, and I... I wanted to save you.... Because no one saved me."

He looked into the girl's eyes, he knew he needed to protect her, knew he could save her like she saved him.

So sad! 😭😭😭