Imaginary Friend Pt 2

Present

Y/N P.O.V

I hate my job. It sucks; 9 to 7 working for a boss who pays me below minimum wage in a shady part of town. I want to quit so bad but this was the only place that would hire me.

Mark's P.O.V

She's struggling, lost in the world of being an adult. She's forgotten about me.... But I can't forget about her. I know she's too old now to have me around but I know she needs me. I told her I'll always be there for here, and I meant it...

Y/N's P.O.V

I walked home to my apartment, sighing in relief when I saw the shitty blue shingles that stood out like a sore thumb. I searched frantically for my keys, knowing that I don't live in the best of neighborhoods.

When I finally unlock my door, I see a man sitting on my sofa.

I let out a scream. "What the hell are you doing in my house?!"

Mark's P.O.V
I knew she wouldn't remember me. I mean she was 6 when I disappeared.

"You don't remember me, do you? Of course not, you were too young to really remember me anyways..."

Y/N's P.O.V
He looks so familiar. That red floof, faded to almost an orange color. Beautiful brown eyes and a faint smile tugged across his lips.

"I....I know you from somewhere!"

"You've grown so much.... Kiddo."

"Only one person called me that... Wait. M-Mark?"

"Yup. Surprised you even remember my name," he laughs.

"Where the hell have you been? Mom past away from cancer a few years ago, she finally sobered up..." I say, tearing up.

"I had to go. You needed to grow up and live your life. It was my time to go.... But I'm here now."

I couldn't respond, instead I wrapped my arms around him, reliving all of our old memories.

"I never left, I made a promise to you that day.... And I'd never break my promise to you...."

I didn't know what to say.

"I was with you when you had your first heart break. I wanted so badly to comfort you, but I couldn't. I know how you hate your job. That asshole doesn't deserve a good worker like you...... I love you"

Part 3 coming soon