Chapter 3 - Knife to the heart

I wake up and get ready.I take a shower and don't bother with makeup.I put my damp hair up in a ponytail and get dressed.

I put on a pair of black Nike shorts and a black adidas vest.I put on my roches and a silver bracelet that my brother gave me.

When I'm done I see that everyone else is still asleep.
A few minutes later Eric and Four come in with metal bars.They start to bang the railing and everyone is awake.Four looks around and says

"Everyone up and in the pit in 5!"

I stand up and walk past him and he is in shock.
"I got up early" I whisper to him and he nods.
I head to the hall and up to the breakfast line.I grab a banana and a bowl of strawberries.
I fill a glass with orange juice and sit down.

I sit eating on my one when my brother comes over.He sits down across from me.
"Hey,I heard you got the bad trainers" he says with a sad look on his face.

"Yeah,I threw a muffin at Eric last night," I say and his jaw drops.

"What?!?!" He asks
"Yeah," I say and he starts to laugh.
"that's my little sis!" He says eating his muffin.
"You better go!" He says and I nod.I finish my orange juice in one gulp and grab some muffins for the others who obviously didn't eat yet.

I run to the training room and hand the muffins to Uri,Mar,Lynn,Emmet and Dallas.They are all very grateful and we wait for the trainers to come.The targets for shooting and the human shaped targets are set up so I think we are doing that first.

Four and Eric walk in and make sure everyone is here.
"8 laps of the room go!" Eric says.
I go to do mine and he stops me "10 laps because I had two spend an hour last night washing frosting from my hair."

I groan and he says "11 laps"

After 8 laps everyone stops but I must continue.Running doesn't bother me so I finish in no time.We walk over to the targets and four demonstrates shooting.He breathes in,Then out and takes his shot.

We all get a gun and a target each.I stand at the target.I loosen my shoulders and close my eyes.I take a deep breath and release.I pull the trigger and open my eyes.The bullet hits the centre mark.
We do this for a while and then once everyone has hit the target at least twice,We move on.

Next is knife throwing.Eric is demonstrating.
He pulls back his hand with the knife in it and throws.It hits the centre.

We all get a knife and start throwing.I do as Eric did and hit the centre.
"Good job" I hear a low voice behind me.Eric.
"Thanks" I say and keep throwing

Uriah's is one of the best when it comes to shooting,but not knife throwing.It hits the floor each time he throws it.Eric stops behind him and observes.Uriah throws it again and misses.

"Pathetic" Eric says and Uriah turns around.
"I'm trying" he says and Eric gets in his face.
"Infront of the target."he says through gritted teeth.

Uriah walks up to the target and stands infront of it.
"Four will throw knifes,If you flinch you are out."This hits me hard when Eric says this.I can't loose my best friend.

four picks up the knifes and gets ready to throw.
Don't say anything,Just don't
I keep telling myself but I have to.
"Stop" I say and Eric looks at me like he is gonna kill me.
"You get up infront of the target then" Eric
Says and I walk up.Uriah walks back and watches with sad eyes.
"Same rules" Eric says and I am ok with that.

Four throws the first knife and it hits the target beside my leg.
"Closer" Eric says.
Four throws the second knife and it lands beside my head
"You can do better" he says again.
Four throws the third and final knife.
It grazes the side of my leg.

"Ok you can stop now" Eric says.

I walk,More like limp away from the target.I look down and my leg is bleeding.Badly.

I sit at the first aid section of the room and Eric comes over.
"Ouch that looks bad!" He says and I look at him with mad eyes.
"It's your fault,Now fix it!" I say sternly.
He looks at me and softens his face.
"Well you disobeyed me!" He says.
"Whatever.What time is it?"I ask.

"5:30" he says while cleaning my leg with a wipe.
"Are we getting off for dinner soon?" I ask.
"Yeah after I wrap up your leg." He says while bandaging my leg.

When he's done he lets us off for dinner.We all walk down the hall and my dad stops the group.

"Kayla could you have dinner with us?we need to discuss some business." He says and I nod.I walk over and stand beside my dad.The others start to walk off the dinner.

"Eric you too" he says and I look from my dad to Eric and back to my dad.
"Oh ok" he says and the three of us walk to my old apartment.

This is so fucking weird!

We enter the apartment and Max is sitting at the table.So is my mother and brother."sit" my dad says and we do as told.

"Hello" max says.
"Hi" I say.
Max looks to my dad and he looks to me.

"Kayla,We have something to tell you"my dad says.He must be discussing my having to be a leader position but then why is Eric here?

"Yeah......" I say and he takes a deep breath.

"You are getting married"he states.

Oh my god!this is like a bad dream.Who am I getting married to?

Hey guys so please let me know what you think and don't forget to vote.

Bye pansycakes,
Aimee xxxx