Chapter 4

"Marinette!"

Marinette lifted her head up and saw Miss Bustier glaring at her from the front of the room. "Uh- yes, Miss Bustier?"

"I have been calling you for the past minute. Is there any reason why your mind is wandering?" Miss Bustier folded her arms and seemed irritated.

"N-no, I just- uh... didn't get enough sleep last night."

Miss Bustier sighed. "Please pay attention Marinette. I don't want you to fail just because you didn't go to bed on time."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Adrien was doing his homework, an akuma flew in through the window and landed on the table. "Cat Noir, I'm almost ready for the fight tomorrow. Are you ready?"

"I don't know," Adrien said as he stood up slowly. "I don't like the idea of you controlling me."

"I won't be in control," Hawk Moth said. "In fact, I have never been in full control of any of my victims. All I do is release their anger and hatred to their fullest potential. Once I do that for you, your wound should be healed and you will be able to remain as Cat Noir longer."

"Alright. Once we beat this guy, you will release me, right?"

"I have never lied to you before. I always told you what I intended to do."

Adrien nodded and turned away from the akuma. "Plagg! Claws out!"

Plagg tried to fly away in vain. "Wait wait wait wait wait wait!!!!"

Plagg was dragged into the ring and the familiar Cat Noir suit covered Adrien's body. Once the transformation was complete, he turned to the akuma and nodded. The akuma flew up to Cat Noir's mask and disappeared in purple mist.

"Cat Noir," Hawk Moth said, "The Storyteller is about to terrorize the city and threatens Ladybug's well being. If you accept the power I'm about to give you, I guarantee that you will have the ability to protect her and this city. In exchange, for defeating the Storyteller, I will stop my evil schemes for a period of time."

"Sounds purrfect," Cat Noir said with a grin. He looked out the window and a black mist covered his body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Storyteller closed his notebook and sighed. "I shouldn't have agreed to this fight. It's hard to make this fight a good addition to the story. If I end the story here, the story will be too short, but if I try to continue the story from here without a consequence, the story will become too cliche or boring or something awful." He threw his head back and groaned. "If I knew writing this story would be tough, I probably would've taken a month to plan this out."

"Hey!" The Storyteller looked down from the crane to see Ladybug standing on the ground by a pile of dirt. Cat Noir landed beside her but something was different about him. He had Hawk Moth's mask outlined on his chest in an ugly white color. "I hate to spoil the end of your story, Storyteller," Ladybug said, "but you won't beat us! We will take your akuma!"

The Storyteller groaned. "That was awful. Truly awful." He jumped down from the crane and landed on a concrete cylinder. "I know I'm the Storyteller but the fact that you would take the time to come up with a pun as a warning is just..." he shook his head. "Terrible." He reached behind his back and pulled a curved sword. "Let's just get this fight over with. I need to figure out how to continue the story."

Cat Noir leaped forward with his staff and landed on the cylinder. He started attacking the Storyteller with fast and accurate strikes but the Storyteller blocked each attack. Ladybug landed behind the Storyteller and kicked him in the back. The Storyteller stumbled toward Cat Noir who quickly landed an uppercut to the Storyteller's jaw. While he was stunned, Ladybug threw her yo yo at the pencil and paper that was floating by the crane. The two objects moved aside, dodging the attack.