Chapter 6

Adrien waited outside of the school entrance with an umbrella over his head as the rain fell heavily. Plagg yawned. "Do you really believe that guy? He isn't a friendly dude."

"I know he isn't on our side but the evidence makes too much sense," Adrien whispered. "I just want to check with Marinette before I just start acting weird. Now hide!"

Plagg shook his head. "You do the dumbest things."

Adrine saw Marinette walking up the stairs and she stopped as soon as their eyes met. She lowered her head and finished walking down the stairs. "S-so you called me?"

"Y-yeah," Adrien said as he turned his head. "I... I had something... to ask you..."

"I-I also have something... I want to ask..."

Adrien flinched. "I-is that so?"

Marinette nodded as she tapped her fingers together. "Y-yeah... D-do you want to go first?"

"Y-you can go first... if you want to..."

Marinette looked around. "No one is nearby?"

"No. That's why I asked you to come on Sunday."

"A-are you... m-my question is..." she sighed. "Are you... Cat Noir?"

"Are you... Ladybug?"

Marinette's eyes widened in shock and she looked down at the ground. "Y-yeah."

Adrien nodded. "To answer your question, I am Cat Noir..."

At first Marinette didn't react, but then her cheeks burned bright red. "W-w-w-wait a minute. S-so y-you were the one flirting w-with me th-th-this whole time?"

Adrien's cheeks burnt bright red. "W-well I didn't know it was you. I-I-I thought Ladybug might have been someone else."

Marinette turned around and hugged herself. "S-so now that you know... who Ladybug is... are... are you disappointed?"

Adrien hesitated. He sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Actually... no."

Marinette turned her head. "Huh?"

"I said I'm not disappointed," Adrien said softly. "I'm actually glad it was you." He gave her a smile and her face burned to a brighter red. "I think its great that someone I love turns out to be someone I'm already friends with, someone I already know and trust, someone I can rely on. If it had been someone like Chloe, I don't think I could stay in love for very long."

Marinette turned her head back. "Th-that's... that's very nice of you to say..."

"What about you? Are you disappointed that Cat Noir is me?"

Marinette sighed and turned around, keeping her head down. "Actually, I'm just surprised it was you. I never would have pictured you to be the kind of guy to crack jokes under stress or flirt heavily with a girl you liked. I guess what I'm trying to say is..." She lowered the umbrella to cover her face. "I never would have imagined Cat Noir to be someone as kind and as gentle as you."

Adrien gave a soft smile and lifted Marinette's umbrella. "Marinette, I don't know how you feel about me right now, but I already know that I want to be yours. You are not only brave and always willing to protect the innocent, but you are also timid and caring for everyone, making sure that you are a reliable person. Those are the kind of qualities that I like in a girl." Marinette's face burned redder than before. "I guess what I'm trying to say is..." Adrien scratched the back of his head and looked her in the eyes. "Will you... go out with me?"

Marinette's eyes were filled with excitement and she was starting to shake but after a moment, she sighed and said, "I... I need to think about it."