Chapter 9

The Storyteller closed his notebook. "So far so good. This story is coming along well."

"Too bad it won't be published," Hawk Moth said.

The Storyteller sat down next to the akuma and stretched. "The customer doesn't decide if a story gets published or not. The publisher does."

Hawk Moth sighed. "You really are a pest."

"What are you going to do about it, huh? All you do is sit in your little lair shouting at your slaves." The Storyteller laughed. "You wouldn't leave your little cave if I were to invade it."

Hawk Moth scoffed. "I hope your little story ends differently than what you want."

"You may think that, but if you knew how I wanted the story to end, you would be rooting for me."

The Storyteller turned into a dark mist and vanished. Hawk Moth shook his head. "I can't understand this fool."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrien walked out of the hospital and sighed. "Fresh air... finally."

He took two steps and stopped when he saw that his whole class was standing in front of him with a banner reading, "Welcome Back!"

He grinned. "Hey, guys! Thanks for coming to see me."

Chloe jumped out of the crowd and hugged him. "Oh, Adrien. I missed you so~ much! I thought I wasn't going to see you again!"

Adrien pushed her away gently. "Good to see you, too, Chloe."

He looked through the crowd and saw Marinette talking to Alya with a nervous expression. Alya seemed to be trying to get something from Marinette but she kept stepping backwards. Adrien started walking over to them when Nino blocked his path.

"Hey, buddy," Nino greeted.

"Hey, man," Adrien greeted back. "How have you been?"

"I've been doing pretty good. I set up a playlist of songs for the party we're gonna throw to celebrate your recovery!"

Adrien felt a smile cross his face. "A party?"

"Yeah! We're hosting it at the school tomorrow afternoon. Our whole class said they were coming! There's going to be pizza, punch, cake, video games..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Marinette Cheng, I'm not going to ask again," Alya said. "Just answer the question!"

"Alya, I told you, I'll tell you later..." Marinette said as she took another step back, keeping her hands out in front of her to keep Alya back.

"And I told you, I'm not going to wait that long. Why can't you just tell me?"

Marinette thought about how Adrien asked her out and her cheeks burnt bright red. "B-because its... so embarrassing..."

"So what?" Alya asked. "You finally made your move, right? Just tell me how it went. I won't go spreading the news, you know me!"

"What's going on here, guys?" Adrien asked. He was walking toward Marinette while the rest of the class talked among themselves.

Alya grinned. "Hey, Adrien. I was wondering if you and Marinette are dating?"

Marinette's eyes filled with fear. "Alya!"

Adrien gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah. I was actually going to ask when can we go on our first date."