2- Making Friends

Louisa's POV

I found out that the cute boy I saw at the sorting is Cedric Diggory. He came up to me afterward and congratulated me on making it into Ravenclaw.

~Flashback to their conversation~

"Thank you," I said, smiling up at him. I was slightly nervous to be talking to him, especially since he was older but I covered it well. "You're really very pretty, you know," he says looking at me and I blush, looking down, embarrassed.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," he says, lifting my chin with his fingers to make me look back up at him. I blush more and he chuckles lightly. He leans in and kisses me gently. "U-Uh, w-what was that f-for?" I ask shocked and nervous even though I was freaking out on the inside.

"Would you like to take a walk with me?" He asks, reaching his hand out for me to take and I smile lightly, taking it. He smiles and starts leading me towards the doors to go outside. I turn around quickly to see if anyone had saw what just happened and I saw a bunch of people walking the other way, no one I saw was looking our way so we were in the clear, I think.

Until I saw a figure in the crowd, standing still, looking our way. I couldn't quite make out who it was but then I turned forward to see in front of me as Cedric continued leading me by my hand.

~Flashback Over~

Cedric and I have been hanging out a lot since then, and I sat with him in the Great Hall sometimes and he introduced me to his friend Lillie, who I became close with pretty quickly.

I had made other friends too, Fred and George being some of them. I was getting close with them quickly too and they were hilarious. I was friends with people in my grade too, such as Luna, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Seamus. Most of my friends were Gryffindor because they were the most friendly. People in my house already had their groups and I didn't feel like bursting in and separating them.

"Louisa?" Cedric asks with a slight hint of worry in his voice as he waves his hand in front of my face. I must have zoned out. I look over at him and shyly apologise. "Wanna go for a walk?" He asks me and I shrug saying sure. I grab the hand he extended to me and he helped me up. We walked to the doors again and went to the edge where we could see the lake.

I just stare at the beautiful water for a minute before Cedric speaks up, "Louisa." I turn to him at this and he smiles lightly, me smiling back. "Can I?-" he starts to ask but cuts himself off before he kisses me, more passionately than last time. I blush up at him when he pulls away. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asks and I turn toward the lake, trying to hide my blush from him and I reply sarcastically, "Let me think about that."

"Okay," I say smiling brightly as I turn back around to him and stand on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek lightly before I run away giggling and I head towards the dock that goes out into the lake a ways. "Wait, Louisa! Where are you going?" He calls after me, chuckling lightly at my childishness. I stop at the end of the long dock and Cedric finally reaches me.

"What are you doing?" He asks worriedly as I take off my shoes and socks, then jump in. "How could I resist this beautiful lake? My mom did always say I loved the water so much, they called me water baby!" I exclaim as I swim around a little and Cedric sits down, watching me adoringly. "Well aren't you going to join me?" I ask, looking up at him on the dock. He shakes his head and sighs, throwing his shirt off and his socks and shoes. He jumps in and we swim around together for a little while before Professor McGonagell walks out and gives us a detention for being in the lake.

As we hop out and Cedric casts a spell to dry us off immediately, she walks away and we laugh, thinking the detention was totally worth it. "Look at you, getting a detention on your third at this school ever," he smirks at me and I wink at him. We walk back in the school together and he grabs my hand. I look up at him, blushing. I turn forward again and see a figure peeking out from the corner. I look at Cedric for a split second to point out the figure and when I look back, it's gone. Well, that's weird.

Cedric and I continue walking until we reach Snape's room down in the dungeon where we would be serving the detention McGonagell gave us. "Diggory, and... What's your name?" Snape asks in his deathly monotone voice. "Um, it's Louisa Beckham, sir," I answer nervously. To be honest, this man kinda freaked me out but I'm sure he freaked everyone out with his dark eyes and monotone, deep voice.

"Right, well we don't really have much to do around here yet but you guys can go put books on the shelves at the library," he says turning away from us and walking towards his desk. We nod and Cedric leads me to the library, since I hadn't quite learned the school yet.

While we walked to the library, I hadn't been paying attention and I walked straight into someone. I stumbled a little but regained my balance and looked at who I bumped into. "Watch where you're going, dirty klutz," he spat at me when Cedric thankfully stepped in. "Stop throwing a fit, Malfoy. She didn't mean it," he retorts as he grabs my waist and pulls me along.

"Why is he so mean all the time?" I ask Cedric and he just shrugs not really caring about Draco or why he asks the way he does. I shrug back and follow him, not really knowing where I'm supposed to go. "Just take these, and basically let them lead you to where they need to go," Cedric explains, smiling at me and kisses my cheek before he walks the other way.

*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: oooooohhhh so very first conflict with none other than Draco Lucius Malfoy himself. Aw but Cedric is so cute.

I hope you're enjoying it so far! Don't worry it's gonna get good (I hope).

Please vote and share! Love you guys! Peace out, Hugs and kisses all around xoxoxo