Chapter 4- Bed Time

Dakotas POV-

After school, we all exchanged numbers and went home. Me and Jade stopped at Walmart so I can get A LOT of monsters and so she can get A LOT of peace tea. She bought a bunch of cansnof each flavor and 6 jugs of it.  I bought a lot of every type of monster they had. Luckily our dad is a police officer and he gets paid a lot. We got to the register and the check out girl looked at us like we were crazy. "What? Do you have a problem?" Jade asked. The girl gulped. "No...." Jade then smiled and put the rest of the cans on the register. We put the groceries in her car and went back to the house. Of couse she made me carry all of the bags. I almost fell. Dang these were heavy. When we walked in, dad immediately looked at us like we murdered someone. "Why did you buy so many of those drinks?" he asked. "Well Jade got more than me." "Well hers are not energy drinks." "Well I'm old enough to have them." "Thats true. Do you guys need any help?" "Well I do. Jade on the other hand." I said looking at her with no bags what so ever. He chuckled. "Hey I'm still sore from walking up and down those steps at school." she said. Our school is pretty big. "I am too!" I told her. "How could you be tired? You took the elevator." she yelled. Dad laughed. "Alright thats enough. Here I'll help you." he said. Afterwards I knock on Jades door and she cracks it open. She's a weirdo like that. "What do you want?" she asked. "Dinners ready." I said. "Ok." she says and walks out. After dinner we go to our rooms and I scroll through Facebook for a little bit. I check the time to see that its almost 10. I change and walk to Jades room. I knock. "Come in." she yells. I walk in to see that she still has her clothes on. "Jade its almost 10. Why are you still in your school clothes?" I ask her. She does this all the time. "Oops. I gotta change. Goodnight Dakota." she says while I walk out. "Goodnight." I say and go to my room. I lay down on my awesome bed and let the darkness take over me.