Be My Valentine <3 - Part 4D (Final)

14th Feb 2013

7:30 am

Sneha was sitting alone in the bridal chamber of the marriage hall. She didn’t have a good night’s sleep last night. She was disoriented, and confused. Teardrops were trickling down her rosy cheeks. She didn’t know what to do, whom to talk to and what to say. She was in utter distress.

There was a knock on the door.

Just a minute.” she said. She hurriedly wiped her face with a tissue. She made her way towards the door and slowly opened it.

Ansh. . . . .” she said, surprised to find him standing there.

Yes my love. Were you expecting someone else.?” he said.

Sneha didn’t say anything. She just slid the door further apart for him to enter.

He started “They say you are not supposed to see the bride on the day of the wedding, before the ceremony. They say it brings bad luck. But as you very well know, I don’t believe in such traditions. I just couldn’t be without seeing you. I did the right thing by coming here right.?

Sneha was still fighting a myriad of emotions within her. She just hadn’t been the same after coming back home from the hospital last night. She had changed, or rather, she had changed back. And now, as she saw Ansh standing before her, she was even the more confused as to what she should do next. On one hand, there was a new future beckoning her. And on another, there was a past that had always been waiting for her. It was time for her to decide.

Hey what happened baby. Are you alright.?” Ansh said as he came closer. He kept his hand on her shoulder.

Feeling uncomfortable, she moved away.

He asked again “What happened Sneha.?

She looked up. She looked into his eyes. And then she closed her eyes, praying to God for an answer, asking him for a solution to her problem.

Her choice was seemingly obvious, but nonetheless difficult. But right then, she knew what she needed to do; she knew what she wanted. And as she looked towards Ansh, she said “Ansh, I remember.

Huh.?” Ansh said, puzzled by her statement.

I remember everything Ansh. Everything.” she said as Ansh was still confused.

She continued “Do you remember I had told you about my accident.

Yes. The car accident.” Ansh said.

And that I had lost some of my memories because of that accident.” she said.

Yes.” he said, curious.

They have all come back now. I don’t know how, I seriously don’t know. But I remember everything that I had forgotten.” she said.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing.?” Ansh asked, not knowing how to react to the situation.

Ansh, I remember now that I was married when I had that accident. And that I loved someone deeply, and madly. I forgot about him. I forgot about my love. But I remember him now, I remember his love for me, and my love for him.” she said as Ansh could hardly believe what he was hearing.

He fell back on a chair near him, and put his head in his hands. Sneha knelt down in front of him, and as he looked towards the woman he loved, she slowly said “Sorry.