5: Crimson

Warnings of violence.

---

FIVE – Crimson

You are lying on a bed of the school clinic, simply staring at the ceiling and watching the fan rotate unnervingly slow. It’s been a while since the ruckus Levi and Eren created subsided. Levi must have gone back to his classes. You absolutely couldn’t do anything. The nurses were nowhere to be found, and that your phone and items were not with you.

As you were about to go to sleep, you heard three knocks on the door. You saw Levi step in with a tray holding a pot of coffee and two empty teacups.

“I thought you were in class,” you asked, sitting up.

“And leave you here bored to fuckin’ death?” Levi replied, as he let down the tray on top of the dresser beside you. He sat down and poured coffee on the first cup and gave it to you, and poured coffee on the second cup for himself.

---

The atmosphere is absolutely still, with the sound of your sips and breathing the only eminent things in the room. Levi simply stared at you, while you can’t even bear to make eye contact with him because of the incident a while ago. Every time you would try to look at him, you would immediately look down and feel yourself get hotter as you wrapped your unusually cold hands around the cup. Levi suddenly breathed heavily, attempting to break the silence.

“Oh right, here…” Levi said, using his free hand to find something in his pocket. “I found this lying around.”

You took one of your hands away from the cup and took the phone from his warm hand. “Thanks…” You sipped from your cup, thereby creating another awkward silent moment.

Levi exhaled once more, and then said, “Look, if you’re still embarrassed of what happened a while ago, don’t bother about that.”

You simply kept silent, and then sipped once more from your cup.

“Or are you upset that I was your first kiss? Well—”

“It’s not that, Levi—” you suddenly blurted out.

“Well then, jus—”

“Just let me finish, okay?!” you shouted, interrupting him. “God, Levi… you are damn talkative today.”

You garnered your courage to look at his face, and saw that him slightly shocked. He then turned into his emotionless face in an instant. He placed his cup on the dresser beside him, crossed his arms, and leaned casually on his chair. “Fine then. I’m all ears,” he said in a stoic manner.

“You know, Mikasa will get you for that eventually…” you started to say.

“Get me for what?”

“You messed with Eren. What did you do to him?”

“What? I threatened the idiot not to tell anyone what he saw, or I’ll cut his dick.” He then took his cup from the table in an unusual manner.

The coffee that was in your cup nearly dropped in the white sheets. “Really? Threatened?” you asked, emphasizing on the word threatened.

“You know how that brat is; he has that loud mouth that he just can’t shut up. So, I had to rough him up for a bit.”

“Jesus Christ, Levi. Why the hell did you do that? It’s known that Mikasa has instincts like a stray cat. She’ll eventually know something’s up. Eren will have no choice but to spill the beans and then they'll come running towards you…”