10: Egoistic [editing]

Mother... After some time, I finally crawled my way to update this thing. Hope you enjoy it!

---

TEN - Egoistic

Annie assisted you in standing up, due to the fact that Eren was dragging your feet, squished it when he tried to keep you still, and locking them using his own in the most uncomfortable and painful way possible. You almost toppled down not only if Annie caught you by the shoulder.

You looked at Eren. He was still down in an awkward manner— he was bent almost into a ball, landing on his back. Both of his legs were surrounding his head and his crotch almost meeting his face. His eyes let out an angry look at Annie and you as he struggled to get up.

You proceeded to get your bag which was a few meters away from you, but you had go near Eren to get it. You quickly went to get your bag, precisely not touching Eren by at least two inches. You were able to get it without reaching to him, grabbing the necessary things that fell into your bag. You never bothered to even get every single paper that fell down. Most of them were already dirty, and some were under Eren. Nope, you were not taking any chances.

When you turned around to go for the door, Annie was behind you, with your necktie on her hand. She handed it over to you and you took it in one swipe, and placed it in your bag. Eren was beginning to stand up, so you panicked and went for the door, reaching out to the knob. But then, someone opened it ahead of you.

Your eyes widened in shock.

“L—Levi…” you called his name. Beside him was Mr. Smith. You were shivering. Tears were forming over your eyes.

“Hey,” he said in his emotionless expression. He looked at you. “What the fuck happened to you?”

He opened the door full way and saw your condition. Your polo was in a mess, tucked out. It was not buttoned properly because you were rushing and scared. Some of them were undone, and a few of them were buttoned the wrong way. The pleats of your skirt were also facing the wrong direction. Your hair was in a complete mess, too.

His eyes widened in shock. He lifted his hand and grabbed your face by the jaw. He noticed the scar near your jaw. He was infuriated. He forced himself to enter the room. Mr. Smith quietly followed him.

They saw that the meeting room was in a complete mess. There were papers scattered around. One of the wooden tables was split into two; splinters of different shape, sizes and lengths surrounding it. The chairs were toppled down, and Eren was standing up, dusting himself. He was holding a small injection with purple liquid.

You were standing by the door, frozen. And surprisingly, Annie was not inside the room anymore. Did she get out and no one noticed her? Or did she jump through the window? It was absurd, because they were a few stories up. Maybe she hid in the closet. That would be the most rational choice, because she would also get in trouble when they find her in here.

“Mr. Yeager, what is the meaning of this?” Erwin said with an authoritative voice.

It seemed that Eren didn’t hear what Erwin said. He had a spiteful look in his eyes that were fixated at you, with malicious intents probably running through his mind.

Levi started walking in Eren’s direction, and kicked him in the stomach. Eren kneeled down, clutching his stomach. He started coughing. Saliva was coming out from the sides of his mouth. As he was down, Levi continued to attack him, kicking him on the face. Before he could get up from the ground, Levi forcibly stomped on his face. Blood started coming out from his mouth. The violent aura emanating from Levi was filling the room, almost suffocating you.