6.5: Stay

SIX (Part 2) – Stay

“Apparently, the school board gave Mikasa a shorter punishment because she is Student Council Vice President. They did say that protocol dictates that they should remove her position but then it is a crucial time. We will be having our Christmas celebration preparations in around two weeks time, and that she was in charge with most of the activities. So she will be helping even though she is suspended,” Eren said, his green eyes staring at yours.

You suddenly felt a sharp pain on your head, and then your vision blacks out. You could feel yourself burning up, but you weren’t sweating. You couldn’t sit up anymore. You simply landed on your bed with force, making it hurt more.

“Oh, [name], are you alright?” Eren said, standing up.

“Y—yeah…” you stuttered. You tried to raise your hand up to calm him down, but you didn’t have enough strength to even stretch your hand up. Your hand just gave up.

“Yes, I remember that you have fever. Let me just go out and let you rest. You need it. I’m sorry for the intrusion…” he said. You heard him stand up, walk towards the door and open it. “I promise you that I will do everything in my power to reduce Levi’s suspension. H-have a nice evening!” and then closes the door shut.

It made you giggle that he actually messed up whenever he would utter Levi’s name.

You are burning up with fever and your head hurts as if a jackhammer was drilling against it. You never noticed it the first time but you did feel a bit fuzzy. You opened your eyes and your vision was coming back. You looked at the door, blinking twice, and you saw Annie coming back inside. She sat on the couch and took the clipboard.

“Hey Annie,” you said in a weak voice.

Annie looked at you, waiting for a response.

“You could go home now.”

She looked back on the clipboard, looking through some files.

You gulped, and said, “Hey, didn’t you hear me?”

Annie looked at you again. “It’s fine,” she simply stated.

“You know, your parents might be worried or something like that.” When you said that, she bowed her head down.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry…” you said, your eyes shocked.

She simply went for the door.

“You shouldn’t worry about me. If I were you, I would be taking care of myself,” she said. She closed the lights, went out, and then closed the door. But for a moment, you swore to yourself that you saw her smirk.

---

You regret what you said, and slammed your hand against your face.

You lied down on your bed, and suddenly remembered your parents. It was expected that they did not come; it was typical of them, though. Even as a child, they shunned you. They were too busy with their own lives to even care for you. They would always leave you alone at home, but they wouldn’t even get someone to play with you. They would get a babysitter once in a while, but then They dejected you.  They wanted you to go on business, but you wanted something else. They were embarrassed of you. Because of your occasional nightmares as a kid, you usually went into psychological treatment. When you would go home after every session, series of loud shouting would come out from your parents.