7: Company

SEVEN – Company

After two days filled with rounds of daily tests, huge doses of different kinds of medicines, and immeasurable boredom; you are ready to be discharged from the hospital. You could stand and walk but in a slower pace and you keep on tripping so you need assistance from a walking stick. Your right arm is still plastered, but you could work nonetheless. Your legs and arms are covered in bandage and your skimpily short skirt uniform is unable to hide your injury from three days ago. So when you went to school, you basically looked like a zombie. People from left and right can’t help but glance at you for at least three seconds and give out various reactions. They would either laugh at you, tease you, or feel pity for you.

You feel uneasy. You don’t like those stares at you. For fuck’s sake, you are the Student Government Head Councilor. You have a higher authority than those bitches. For them to look at you in your sorry condition is just unbearable for your pride. Your ego just went down every time you would take a lousy step on the corridors.

The corridors were bad enough, but what about the stairs? Curse this old school for having seven floors and not having an elevator, and you have classes on the fifth floor. Every step taken up is agonizing, and it would just double up when you took a step higher. With a shoulder bag and a folder full of analyzed and signed documents with you, every step taken would have a 50/50 chance of you falling down and having more injury.

‘One flight of stairs done, four fucking more to go,’ you thought and you let out a sigh. This time, you didn’t care about the stares anymore. They wouldn’t even help you get up there anytime soon. After you rested for a while and took some courage, you went on.

As you were halfway down the flight of staircases, the walking stick bumps into something that you didn’t see on time. You eventually lose your balance, and all you know is that you will roll down, not fall, down to three meters of injury. You just braced for impact by letting go of the cane, your bag, and the envelope full of documents.

When you thought you are about to fall, you felt a hand at your back, and another holding your left arm, stopping you from falling. You breathed in heavily because you really thought you will die. After a few seconds, those hands helps your feet get back to the ground. You tried to stand still as you looked at the hero who saved your life.

“Mr. Smith?” you gasped, almost losing your balance, but he caught you by holding your shoulders with firm hands.

Erwin Smith was known as a history teacher in the school, but apparently is also a part time Physical Education teacher and is the head of the Junior Officers’ Training Corps. He is also the adviser of the Student Government. He is a dashing man of tall stature and muscular built, silky blonde hair and stunning blue hues. He is also smart and a very good teacher. He’s understanding, and knows what’s best for his students and the school by thinking a few steps ahead. Because of this, his classes mostly contain of women who admire him, and the women’s population in the Training Corps has increased compared to the years he was not handling them.

A few steps beside him, there’s Eren who was holding a few documents as well; who appears to be talking to him. Your bag rolled down to the base of the stairs, your walking aid was a few stairs below, and the documents in the envelope scattered around. The students watching in the background are in utter shock. Some who were not in shock were ladies, who were obviously jealous— would die to be in your position right now.

“You have to be careful next time, Ms. [last name],” Erwin said, releasing his grip on your shoulders.

“Y—yes, sir!” you said, stuttering. Erwin looks around and sees the papers scattered around. He picks up the paper closest to him and saw that it is a document for the Student Government. He turns to Eren.