15: Solitude

Okay, I know that I updated so slow but and I want to apologize, but let's do that later. Let me first dedicate LadyRivaille_Jaeger, one of the people who intently wait for the updates, and vote and comment on them. It goes the same for my other one-shots. Thanks so much and I love you ^_^ (I don't say I love you at all but I don't care... Let's move on to the chappie~)

---

FIFTEEN - Solitude

He was your everything.

He was your protector.

The mighty student council member you are, you looked so weak and defenseless that some egoistic students would pick a fight with you. You would just avert most of the time. If it doesn’t work, you then try to talk with them; sometimes, you really pick a fight with them. Sometimes, you would lose; sometimes, you would win. Either way, you wouldn’t tell anyone of what happened. That is why some people are curious on where you got those kinds of scratches.

By the time you were in a relationship with him, you would always find yourself behind him, protecting you from anything and everything. There was one time when you crossed upon a gang of delinquents from your school. They looked at you from head to toe with malicious thoughts. Fortunately, Levi was with you that night, and he would demand that you stay aside and let him handle him. It all happened so quickly, and the next thing you knew, he was tugging your hand to get away. Every thug was on the ground fainted or half-dead.

It wasn’t just for physical bullying, it was also for verbal bullying. Jean once insulted you like fuck and Levi was passing along. Instead of giving a punch on his horse face, he would insult the features of his horse face, with Jean eventually slapping him, running away with tears on his face.

And you wouldn’t even know where to begin in the aspect of psychological protection, if there was any.

He would make you feel at ease.

Whenever you would have a bad dream, and then you would wake up in the middle of the night, the next course of action for you was to call him. He would get pissed off the moment he answers the phone. He would insult you for being a shitload and any other offensive term that would first come out of his mouth. It was to be expected, though – anyone would have that kind of reaction when you wake them up at 2 in the morning for such selfish reasons.

But then, when he would hear nothing at the other line, or maybe when he could hear you sobbing, he would immediately stop, and ask what’s wrong. You on the other hand, was so comfortable talking to him. You could tell what the problem was, and he would tell you what to do. He would sometimes hum a lullaby for you to sleep, or go to the nearest 24-hour convenience store to buy food and go to your place.

He would give you love like nothing before.

He would kiss you and hug you. He would compliment you. He would twirl strands of your hair on his finger, but makes it so that he wouldn’t mess it up. He would always walk you home and would make sure that you were safe. There was one time where you were sick, and he took care of you even though it seemed that you were hallucinating. You felt that every fiber of your being was being loved because of that man. You didn’t care about the lack of love from your parents; it seemed that he filled out that gaping hole in your heart and made it overflow.

Yep, that was Levi. He was the only thing you needed in your life.

Yet, you lost him. What’s worse – is that it was your fault.