Chapter: 7-8

Chapter 7

“It’s gorgeous!” cried Kimberley, climbing out of the car and taking in the sight before her.  The villa Cheryl had chosen was situated not far from the beach, and once the car’s engine and stereo had been turned off, the waves could be heard lapping against the shore.

“You haven’t even seen the back yet – that’s where the pool is,” replied Cheryl, already out the car and leaning on the car door as she watched Kimberley’s excited expression.

“Come on – open up,” said Kimberley, looking at Cheryl and gesturing to the door.

“The cases,” replied Cheryl, popping the boot open.  

“Leave the cases!” shouted Kimberley, walking quickly towards the front door, “I want to see inside”.

Cheryl raised her eyebrows, and shut the boot, locking the car with the key fob.  “That’s not very practical Miss Walsh”.

“F*ck practical!” laughed Kimberley, “open the door!”

“Oooh language!” joked Cheryl, moving past Kimberley and putting the key in the door.  She felt Kimberley wrap her arms round her waist as she struggled with the lock.  As the door opened, Kimberley slid round in front of Cheryl and went in first, gasping as she caught her first glimpse of the inside of the villa.

The entrance was huge.  Cheryl stood in the doorway and watched as Kimberley walked further inside, her hands now covering her mouth, as if somehow that could control the shock and excitement she was feeling.  The floor was marble, and a wide staircase occupied most of the entrance area.  A door on the right led to a large sitting room, the floor of which was also marble, and the walls all a summery shade of white.  A door to the left appeared to lead to a dining room, which in turn led to the kitchen – where Kimberley was headed.

Cheryl smiled and shut the door, following Kimberley into the kitchen, and found her pulling open the French doors leading out onto the pool area.  “Cheryl!” shouted Kimberley, walking out.  “Cheryl, it’s just…”

“Amazing?” offered Cheryl, reaching the other girl’s side and looking at her.

Kimberley let out a huge sigh, “can we just stay here forever?”

Cheryl smiled.  “Nope, but we can make the most of the next 10 days”.

Kimberley turned her face to look at Cheryl, and surprisingly Cheryl saw that she was crying.  “Hey, babe, what?” she put her hands on Kimberley’s shoulders.  “What’s wrong?”

Kimberley didn’t respond, instead she leaned forward, resting her hands on Cheryl’s hips and kissed her gently on the lips.  Cheryl let herself enjoy the moment, but soon pulled away slightly, looking into Kimberley’s eyes.  “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing”, replied Kimberley.  “Look around you Cheryl – what could possibly be wrong?”

“But you…” started Cheryl.

“I’m just happy,” interrupted Kimberley, smiling.  “Come on, let’s see the rest of the place”, and she took hold of Cheryl’s hand, pulling her back inside.  

--------------------------------

“Oh my god, Cheryl!” shouted Kimberley as they walked into the master bedroom and took in the view that could be enjoyed through the French doors.  There was an amazing view of the sea, but no overlooking houses, and there was a terrace outside the bedroom with a table and chairs, and a couple of bigger, more comfortable chairs.

Cheryl smiled.  “I just love that the first the neighbours hear of us is you screaming that from the bedroom!” she joked, winking at Kimberley.