Chapter: 17-18

Chapter 17

“Oh Cheryl” sighed Kimberley, allowing her body to completely relax.  “Bliss!”

Cheryl smiled as her fingers slowly but firmly massaged Kimberley’s head.  “Total relaxation for you today, babe”.

Kimberley closed her eyes and mumbled through closed lips.  “But you’re the one who needs to relax”.

“Nah,” replied Cheryl.  “Once I got the outcome I wanted I was good as new – you’re the one who deserves to be pampered.”

“Well, if you’re sure, I’m not gonna argue”, said Kimberley quietly, opening her eyes slightly to look at Cheryl who was sat behind the head rest of Kimberley’s sun lounger.  She could only see her upside-down, but she smiled as she met Cheryl’s gaze.  “So, what should I wear for lunch?”

“Whatever you feel like,” replied Cheryl, avoiding Kimberley’s stare.

“But if I don’t know where we’re going, how can I decide what to wear?” asked Kimberley, becoming mildly irritated.

“Not gonna work, Walshie!” laughed Cheryl, bending down and kissing Kimberley’s forehead.  “I’m not telling you where we’re going.  I’m just not.  I’ll pick something out for you to wear while you’re showering”.

Kimberley sighed impatiently.  “But are we going far?”

Cheryl stood up.  “If you weren’t so gorgeous, you’d be very annoying.  I’m going for a drink, do you want one?”

Kimberley frowned with mock offense.  “Water, please”.

“Coming right up ma’am,” replied Cheryl with a little bow and her best posh accent, then she turned and made her way over to the kitchen doors.  She turned back round as she reached the doors and was met by Kimberley’s stare from the lounger.  

“Were you just checking out my bum?”

Kimberley shrugged.  “Might have been – it’s worth checking out”.

“Flattery will get you nowhere near finding out the lunch location,” reminded Cheryl, smiling at her.  “But I will tell you that the car’s coming at 1”, and she disappeared into the kitchen.

Kimberley frowned then closed her eyes and took a long, deep breath.  She went over what Cheryl had just revealed.  If there’s a car, we must be going at least a mile away, she thought.  She sighed.  As happy as she was that Cheryl had put so much thought into planning a special day for her, she really did just want to spend time with Cheryl on their own.  If they went to a nice restaurant, they wouldn’t be alone.  But Cheryl had clearly put so much effort into her plans.  

Kimberley ran a hand through her hair.  Knowing Cheryl, they had the best table reserved at the best restaurant in town.  Only the best for her Kimberley…  Kimberley smiled.  She really did love it when Cheryl spoiled her, but sometimes she just wanted time alone with her and for them to do “simple things”.

“You still guessing?” asked Cheryl, handing Kimberley a water bottle.

Kimberley looked up and smiled as she took the bottle.  “If it’s my special day I should be able to say whether or not I want to know where I’m going.”

“You can say, and you have said,” replied Cheryl, sitting down next to Kimberley and opening her own bottle of water.  “Your request has been noted and ignored”, and she grinned.

Kimberley pouted.  “Not funny”.

“Oh shush,” said Cheryl as she took a sip of her water.  “We’ll be starting to get ready in 10 minutes then in no time at all the car will be here… and then soon enough you’ll know”.