12-Cake By The Ocean

Let's just pretend I said a five tiered cake for easiness...

Robin proceeded on with the designs and colours. He decided now was the best time to go get his colouring swatches and what not, knowing she will most likely take the piss out of him for it.

"Do you mind waiting two seconds while I go grab something? You can take the picture off the wall if you like."

"No that's fine, on you go." She smiled tightly as he jogged out the door. She got up and looked at the picture in front of her and loved it.

She loved how on the top tier there was a painting pallet, and the paint ran down the whole cake to the bottom. Each layer was a different colour. The third tier up was a drama themed tier. In the centre there was the classic happy/sad mask and then on the left was a clapper board from film and television sets, then finally on the right there was a roll of film from an old camera. On the final largest tier there were silhouettes of dancers. A girl in a ballet costume, a girl tap dancing and finally a girl in what looked like a salsa outfit. As brilliant as it was there was definitely some things that needed fixed, and she wasn't afraid to tell him this.

"Okay, so this book is my favourite book I own. I know you're going to judge me but quite frankly, I don't care." He chuckled as she smiled, sitting back down in the chair.

"Well at least you're honest." She pulled the seat forward as he leaned in from behind her to place it on his desk. She looked down at the large book and saw the words "Colour Swatches" scribbled across the front.

"Now, I think it's best to decide the design and things first. Then move on to colour. Would you agree? Or would you prefer to do it the opposite way round? I'm very flexible." He sat in his seat now, slightly out of breath.

"Well as am I, but since you know best about this I believe we should focus on details such as the themes and then move onto colours." She crossed her legs over as he nodded.

"Righty-O then, actually hang on a minute." He leaned forward to talk to her but quickly stood up.

"Where are you going?" She asked startled by his sudden movements.

"I hate this whole set up, so I'm moving you round here. If you wouldn't mind standing up for me, love. Thank you." He smiled at her as she stood, watching as he lifted the large plush chair over his desk.
"Now, that's much better. This way we can discuss things easier and you can see the computer with ease."

"Alright, thank you." She sighed, before sitting down she turned back to pull the sketch off the wall. Placing the pin back in its place.

"Okay, so I'm guessing you are wanting to go off of this one?" He chuckled.

"Yes, however there are a few changes I'd like to make." She spoke soft, but firmly. Insuring he knew she was serious.

"As expected." He nodded as she leaned over slightly, holding the paper in her hand.

"Here, I was thinking we could have a full rainbow of colours going down in the paint waterfall. However we would start off with six, then at each tier a colour would drop off to colour that layer until we got to the bottom and had one colour left and I was thinking that the base thing could be that final colour?" He watched as her finger traced down the sketch of the 'paint waterfall' down to the base.

"Alright, that sounds easily done. What else?" He noted down what she was saying into a little old notepad as she continued.

"Music. Our music department may be small, but is still very much there. So I was thinking down the bottom, maybe made from fondant icing or something, we could have instruments such as guitars, keyboards, microphones and so on. Is that do able?" She glance at him as he nodded with pursed lips.

"Yep, might be a little tricky to do some instruments however most should be reasonably okay. Next?"

"Diversity." She stated, and smirked at his bewildered expression.

"I'm sorry?" His eyebrows knitted together as she began to explain.

"Yes the classic tale goes girls dance and only girls, however it certainly isn't just girls in our school. Boys dance too. Whether they do ballet, hip hop, tap jazz whatever. They dance too. So as much as I do believe some more female role models need to be out there, that doesn't mean we must cut off the boys. Especially in subjects such as dance where it is female dominated. So I was thinking of having six figures round the bottom. Three girls and three boys. Do you mind?" She went to take his pen from his hand as he nodded.

"No, by all means." He leaned back as she took hold of his notepad and pen and began scribbling.

He watched as she drew up two columns. He squinted slightly as he attempted to read her cursive writing, eventually he figured it out. One column had 'Girls' written at the top the other 'Boys'.

"Now I was thinking we could have a ballet dancing girl as that's a simple silhouette to see clearly. Then a male hip hop sort of dancer, you know like his two feet upwards slightly and he's balancing on one hand sort of idea. Like freestyle or something. Then a female belly dancer sort of idea. It may not be thought of often but there are classes on after school for it so I would appreciate it being included. Then for the final single boy we could have this sort of idea." She trailed off in thought as she doodled a male figure standing doing what would be seen as the typical Bollywood style dancing.

"Right, yes these are all simple enough. How come I get the feeling you are about to hit me with a tough one?"

"Because I am. Now as you see we want as much diversity as possible. Now that may be with gender or culture. So I was thinking, if possible, a male and female dancing together in a sort of salsa look. So maybe the classic male dipping the female? Do you understand what I mean?" She looked at him as she placed the pen down.

"Yes, I do." He sighed frustratedly whilst talking slowly. Regina realised she may have sounded slightly patronising and decided, although it's something she'd rarely do, she better apologies.

"Sorry, I don't mean to sound patronising. I work with arrogant teenagers all day so I'm used to trying to remind them who their superior is." She looked down slightly embarrassed as he shrugged it off.

"Nah it's alright, I understand. And this should all be easily done. We can start work next week on practising designs and what not with the icing and then the next again week we will make a practise batch. If you are wanting to help that is? I could always just do it all with Marian." He looks to her with raised brows as she begins to think. She'd believed she'd have to help anyway so she was already prepared for it, however he was giving her the opportunity to opt out. Then again if he messes anything up its on her, and she can never be bothered with Ella's bitching.

"No I'm fine to help. Just give me dates and times and I'll let you know when I can make it." She nods with an exasperated sigh.

"Or, you just let me know when you are free and we can work round that? You will most likely be much busier than I am, and all we need to make sure off is its after we close shop or when it's a white day and Marian can handle it on her own. Oh except the only nights I can't do are Tuesday's. I'm busy then."

"Alright then, well I'll let you know." She smiles, relived she can finally get out of this stuffy office.

"Hey, we've been sitting here for almost two hours planning stuff. Want to go for a walk to the cafe? It's no longer than a five minute walk, promise."

"Uh, well I really should get going. You know we have just spent most of the morning planning you and you most likely want to just go home and-"

"No honestly it's no bother, Regina. Come on, my treat?" He offers once more and can see she's wearing thin.

"Fine, but then I really need to go because I have things to be doing." She stand up to grab her things as he shuts down his computer.

"Let's go then." He smiles and locks the office door behind them.

Please comment it would be awesome if you could! If I get enough comments then I'll update sooner...maybe 😏
Hope you enjoyed!
Remember to VOTE and SHARE!
X