14-Could It Be

July 16th 2016-The Original Date of the Fundraiser.

December 17th 2016-The New Date for the Fundraiser

June 29th
Regina was sat in her apartment watching the news, and feeling sick. Flash floods had hit New York earlier in the day, and they'd hit bad. She listened intently to the news anchor talking, waiting for anything good. Nothing good came.

"Ten people have been announced dead. Over one hundred injured. Several schools have been destroyed, however no children were inside the schools. Office buildings have been collapsing all over New York, along with several other buildings and stores. More updates still to come."

Most phone lines in Emma's area would be down so Regina couldn't even call Emma and ask how they were. She quickly decided to google a few places to check if they'd been damaged. First was the school, which thanks to it being a bit away from the main areas of flooding, went unscathed. Next was Henrys school and Emma's place, both thankfully with very little damage. Lastly was the building where the fundraiser was being held, gone. Reginas eyes skimmed the article as quickly as possible only picking out a few phrases.

"Burst pipes...destroyed building...four injured...beyond repair..."

Regina did the first thing she could think of doing and began sending it to people. First was Mal, then Ella and finally Robin. As soon as she clicked send she heard a buzz from the door. She looked outside and saw the street filled with water. The street lamps light glistened almost mockingly. Just hours before there had been barely any water outside, now it looked like a small river. It was still pouring down, but Regina just hoped it didn't go above the height of the second step, because then there would be serious damage.

"Hello?" Regina pressed the intercom and heard a crackle from the obvious water damage.
"Regina...Let me...nside...Robin..." Due to all the crackles and the noise of rain Regina barely got a few words, but knew straight away from the accent who it was. She pressed the "Allow" button and waited. Several minutes passed before she heard the knock. As soon as she opened the door she knew it was bad. Standing in front of her was a dripping wet Robin. His hair was plastered to his forehead and his clothes were soaked through, from his scarf to his socks. Even his wellies were squelching.

"What the hell Robin? What're you doing here?" Her eyebrows were knitted together as she moved for him to come in.

"Just decided to go for a little stroll you know. Why the bloody hell do you think!" He shivered as he spoke.

"Well if I knew I wouldn't have asked would I?" She stropped off to find a towel for him whilst arguing. She didn't understand why the hell the baker would travel from his apartment to hers in this weather and this time of night.

"I'm here to see if you're alright! Most people in the streets power has been lost so I wanted to see how you were!" He shouted through whilst removing the damp clothing layer by layer, without thinking. He placed each thing over a chair to dry out.

After long hours working together over the past couple weeks they'd gotten to know each other fairly well. They found out they lived only round the block from one another, and in fairly similar apartments. She found out he had several brothers, and he found out that she was an only child. They found out each other's favourite food, favourite drinks and most importantly; favourite tv shows. His of course was Cake Boss, but was he partial to the odd Friends episode. Hers was Greys Anatomy, but she did enjoy an episode of Glee every now and then. This she didn't say though.

Regina grabbed her two biggest towels and walked back into her living room to see him shirtless and jeanless. He simply adorned a pair of boxer shorts. She couldn't help but let her eyes slowly trail over his body as his muscles glistened from the dampness. She was ripped from her thoughts when he spoke to her.