First Words Chapter 3

Ok, I think I may have taken the Moron thing too far this time" The potato said on the prongs of her Portal Gun. Classical music radiated from the test chamber. Turning pages could be heard, Chell walked into the chamber, prepared for the torture of testing. "Oh, sorry, sorry, hope I didn't disturb you, just reading, uh, books, so I'm not a moron. Just finished that hardest one, Machiavelli, don't know what the fuss was about, understood it perfectly, have you read that one? I doubt it." The now massive core glared at her through the screen, ready for the testing euphoria associated with completing the test. Made this test myself, out of... smaller tests! That I found, laying around." Chell walked near the Arial Faith Plate, placing a portal at the end of the Excursion funnel, and another in the middle of the room. She braced herself for the force of the plate pushing against her Long Fall boots, she walked forward, feeling the rush of air in her ears, landing in the light blue field of the funnel. Chell shot a portal and the other end of the room, on the slanted panel, getting rid of the blue tunnel and launching her towards the giant monitor at the end of the room. She hit it with so much momentum, it shatters, small shards of glass slicing her skin. Chell barely noticed though, she was ready. "Oh, bless your primitive little brain, I'm not actually in the room with you, am I? Nope, can't hurt the big god face." He smugly said, raising his lower optic shutter as if he was smiling. She grit her teeth, clutching the portal gun unusually hard. She shot the portals in the same spots, creating the blue funnel in the middle of the room, she pressed the small red button. Hard. The FrankenTurret flew into the funnel. Chell shot another portal onto the slanted platform. The cube flew onto the ledge she was on, the small gravity field on her gun picking it up, placing it on the large floor button, opening the door. "Nnngh, it's not enough! If I'm such a moron, why can't you solve a simple test the right way?!" The small light on the potato blinked as She talked. "Uh oh, its happening sooner than I expected, look, the euphoric response to testing eventually wears off, and it can get a little, unbearable, unless you have the mental capacity to push past it, it didn't matter to me, I was in it for the science, him though..."