First Words Chapter 5

"Okay, so, being civil isn't motivating you, so, let's try it Her way! Fatty. Adopted fatty. Fatty-fatty, no-parents." Wheatley leaned in on the monitor, looking at his test subject, glaring at him. "What's wrong with being adopted?" The potato on the portal gun asked him. "Uh, well, lack of parents, for one..." "For the record, you are adopted and that's terrible." She whispered to her. "And look at her you moron, she's not fat." The potato said in her defense. Wheatley partially closed his optic shutters in a glare, plating spread wide, so she would not forget who it was, that he was in charge. "I AM NOT A MORON!!" He yelled, making the room slightly tremble. "Just do the test, just do the test." He muttered. Chell looked around the room, looking for the solution, there was a bottomless pit in the middle of the room, beckoning her to jump into it and escape torture forever. Chell shot an orange portal at the checkered surface at the end of the excursion funnel, and a blue one at the end of the turrets laser, carrying it backwards towards the wall. She shot the blue portal, this time facing a FrankenTurret, it drifted slowly along the blue zero gravity field. When it reached the right spot, Chell shot the blue portal again, only facing her way now, but not directly at her. She stepped onto the button, turning the blue field orange, reversing the direction. The twitching cube drifted towards her, it's legs occasionaly waving up, as if it wanted to move somewhere. She picked up the cube placing it on the button. She jumped into the orange field, drifting above the pit, when she landed on the ledge, she shot the portal again, in front of the cube, turning the funnel blue again, she shot the portal on the ground near the open chamberlock. She stepped into the funnel, floating upwards until she was high enough the get out and land on the ledge. She walked through the round door. Wishing she could save him, release him from the GLaDOS chassis, getting rid of the "Itch" he talks so much of. Carry him with her to freedom. But she couldn't. Not now.