Reality Vs. Fantasy

Flashback:

"Honey you can trust me I promise." Alicia my therapist smiled.

"No I can't. I don't trust anyone. What makes you think I can trust you?"

"Sweetie I am a professional therapist. I want to help you. If you want I won't tell your mom anything. Like I said a promise is a promise." Alicia said.

"Ok.... my mom's dead."

"And?" Alicia encouraged.

"And.... I miss her."

"Ok hon we're getting somewhere. What else do you remember?"

"She was a mermaid. I'm a mermaid." I whispered.

She laughed, "Harmony there's no such thing as mermaids! Mermaids just don't exist!" Don't hide in your imagination forever darling. Reality is so much better!"
"Right. While you get to watch your family die." I glared.
"I think we're done here." I said.

I marched out of the room and saw my therapist looking shocked.
"Let's go" I muttered to my mom. "She didn't help me."

(End of flashback)

Harmony P.O.V

I woke up and started panicking. I don't remember this. I'm not a mermaid. I can't be. Like she said mermaids don't exist. I laughed then covered my mouth. Am I going crazy? No it was just a dream. All of this is just dreams.

"Honey! Go get ready. You're supposed to be at Fawn's house in 45 mins. Crap! I jumped out of bed and started to pack. I then took my shower and checked my phone.
Fawn:
Hey u coming? Jade's already here

Me:
Almost 10 more mins

I grabbed my things and went downstairs. I ate a quick breakfast and my mom yelled
"I made brownies for you to take over to Mr. & Mrs. Johnson's house."

"Thanks mom! Love you! Give dad a hug for me!"

I went over to Fawn's house and rang the doorbell.
"Hey chica." Fawn hugged me.

"Hola chica." I hugged back.
"I brought brownies! You know how my mom is."

"Yummm! I love brownies!" She squealed.

I laughed, "Lets head to your room."
Fawn's room is the opposite of mine. I'm OCD so my room is always clean but hers.... is a total nightmare. There are clothes everywhere! Clothes all over the floor, on her bed, on top of her lamp, and just everywhere but her laundry basket. I sighed and started to fold her clothes.

"Oh Harmony don't worry about it!" She laughed.
"Uh uh. Nooo I'm so cleaning your room. Give me a few minutes. Where's Jade?" I asked.

"Ummmm" she giggled.

Talking to her "friend."

"Ohhhh! Who's the lucky guy?"
I screamed.

"Shhhhh!" She whispered.
It's.... a new guy. His name is Dominic He just moved here."