A Splash Into The Past

Dominic P.O.V

As I saw Harmony walking towards me I got so excited. I hoped that soon I could take her back to Hawaii with me. It has been so long since she has been in the water. It's time for her to come home. Where she really belongs..... the water.

Harmony P.O.V

I saw Dominic's body facing me, while he was looking out in the distance at the peaceful waves.
I smiled to myself. He is really attractive.
I hoped I looked presentable. I didn't want to wear anything too fancy so over my bikini I wore a black sundress with my gold strapped sandals.
I stopped in front of him and nervously tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

He smiled at me
"You always look beautiful Harmony"

I blushed "Thank you!"
"You look hot!" I blurted out.
He chuckled.
"I mean um you're cute.."
I stammered.

"It's ok Harmony at least you're honest." He blinked.
I looked back at him and the sun shined on his appearance making him look like an angel. What does this guy want with me?

"So...."
"So" he said right back.
"Want to swim?"
"Um I don't know if I'm ready."
"Don't you trust me?" He teased sounding a bit hurt.

"I don't really know you."

"You do Harmony, you just have forgotten all of these years.
We were best friends when you were 13. We lived in Hawaii, and you had a mom. She had green eyes like you and long brown curly hair. She was an amazing mother to you.

"What happened to her- my mom?'
"She died... she drowned."

"Oh" I whispered.
"Why do I not remember her?" I asked.
"I think it's because you didn't want to remember. You told yourself to forget. You locked away those memories and then eventually they started to fade away.

"Why did I move here? What about my dad? Is he even alive?" I hiccuped.
"Your dad left your mom when she was pregnant with you. He spoke gently.
"He didn't know how to react so he left."
"Come here." He wrapped his strong arms around my body and I leaned in eagerly. I needed comfort. So I cried. I cried for my dad and my mom who I'll never see again. I cried until I had nothing left."

I love my adoptive parents, but when I realized that I'd never see my biological parents again it just hit me. That woman in my dreams was my mom. My dreams or memories were all I had left.

I asked him "How do I remember?"

"You have to let them come to you. Don't fight the memories. Maybe then will you find out who you are."

"Maybe then the past will find you."