The Words We Are Afraid to Say

But yet, they acted like if they hadn't talk about it. It was at times when things were completely different. They would act different than before. Different in a good way.
Five days after the girl had confessed her feelings to the boy, she and her exboyfriend got back together.
And the girl told the boy, and the boy didn't know what to do about it. It's like if nothing had happened. No talking between them about their feelings. And what made it worse was that the girl had said that she knew she was bad for him, but the boy didn't mind. If she was bad for him, why be it for other guys and not him. It was an unfair treatment. And if she used the boy, he would break, but he would cope. He always knew the way back.
But after she'd told him that she and her boyfriend were back together, everything shattered. Any sliver of hope disappeared. The boy once again wanted to yell, but he covered himself with a more calm appearance. Ever since, only one person had been able to see through his illusion. It had faltered. But he lied, and he despised lying. Maybe their story wasn't done. Like the girl once told him, maybe they will have their adventures once they are older, but for now, the boy was done.
He was done with her. Or was trying to. It wasn't an easy job.
He loved her illusions. He learned to live by them. Right now, he didn't know how we would manage without both of them.