Chapter 6 - Carrie, The Witch

*****Carrie's POV*****

As the door opened I saw Lexie and a girl next to her who I assumed to be Avia, the vampire in which I'm making a daylight ring.

"Welcome, Carrie it's so good to see you again!" Lexie said with obvious joy in her voice. It has been years since we last saw each other, she was my best friend, but our 'lifestyles' kind of drifted us apart. However, I would still do anything for her.

"How's it going, Lex?" I replied, "And this must be Avia, yes?" I eyed Avia testing her aura, she seemed like a nice enough person.

"It's going great, and yes this is Avia, my new friend." Was her response.

"Hey, I'm Avia, are you really a witch? I didn't know they really existed, well I didn't know vampires existed before I was one." Avia rushed out, I had to concentrate to catch it all.

"Yeah, I'm a witch. I guess things aren't always as they seem are they?" With that I made the windows and door fly open and close, to shock her for some fun!

"OMG that was soo cool, what else can you do?" Avia's voice was filled with excitement, but I was only here to do Lexie a favour, for the number of times she's saved my life.

"I can do so much more, but that's not what I'm here for." Avia's face dropped at this and Lexie spoke up.

"She is here to allow you to go out in the day, without burning to a crisp and dying that is!" Lexie let out a small laugh.

With that, we followed Lexie into the living room. As I approached the small coffee table I saw that it was covered with candles and it was also next to a window and a lapis Lazuli gem ring, all the things I would need in order to do the spell.

"Now before I do this, Avia," her head snapped up at the mention of her name, she has been staring at the curtain-covered window. "There are rules, the witch who spells the ring also has the power to de-spell it. Meaning if you're harming a human, I will stop you!" My voice was thick serious and held authority.

"Yes mam, I mean Carrie, I wouldn't dream of harming anyone!" Avia retorted with a slight bit of hurt in her voice, at the fact I assumed she would want to hurt someone. But I had to make the rules clear to her.

"Soo" Lexie intervened, breaking the short silence "Let's get on with it shall we, Carrie?" As she said my name she turned to me and raised her eyebrows, for me to continue.

*****Avia's POV*****

I can't believe that someone I just met thought I was violent and would want to harm people! I mean, yeah I'm new to the whole vampire, craving thing, but I would never harm an innocent person, human or otherwise, that's not me!

I was drawn from my thought as Lexie spoke again, to Carrie while lifting the ring that was on the coffee table and placing it in Carrie's hand. "Here's the ring, do your thing."

I watched as Carrie closed her eyes and placed the ring in the centre of the table, Lexie got up to open the curtain slightly so that it was shining on the ring.

It was silent for about a minute while I stared at Carrie sitting there. "Done." She announced and placed the ring into my hand.

I put it on my right index finger and looked at it while twisting my hand from side to side. From the corner do my eye I saw Lexie reach out for the curtain but before I could move she pulled it open leaving me exposed in the sunlight. "What the hell Lexie?!" I screamed at her.

"What you have your ring now, what's the problem?" She seemed confused as to why I was outraged and scared.

"What if it hadn't worked, huh?" I asked the both if them with relief washing over me knowing that it had and I was still a dead, alive person.

"Of course it worked, what do you take me for?" Carrie asked fake hurt in her voice. Now I felt bad, I mean I felt grateful to her and now I was accusing her of not being a good witch. I felt tears in my eyes and heard the tiny sobs escaping from my chest. Why was I crying?

"What's wrong with me why am I crying?" I asked out loud my voice sounding chocked.

"Your emotions, they are heightened when you become a vampire, happiness becomes joy, sadness becomes depression, but it will get better, you just have to learn how to control it." The soothing words from Lexie helped to clam me down and the tears stopped as did my sobs.

"Well with that, I'll be going now, and don't worry I'm not offended. "You two have fun," Carrie spoke up, "But not too much much fun!" She finished giving Lexie a knowing and disapproving look.

And with that Carrie left. "Come on lefts go out!" Lexie said the excitement clear in her voice.

I can finally go out in the day and enjoy the sun. I nodded my head to Lexie and we headed out the door, into my first bit of sunlight in days!

---------------------------------------------- 

Finally updated, YAY. I just couldn't think of anything to write. But I was bored and thought why not try another chappy?? Soooo I hope you liked it!! Vote, comment and all that!! And I'll talk to you all next time BYE!! xxx