Chapter 13 - Discoveries

///////Just before Avia arrives home after her date///// 

*****Lexie's POV*****

I'm sitting in my room at the boarding at, when I hear a knock at my door, I know who it as I can hear them, Stefan, always being polite! "Come in." I tell him with a smile on my face.

"Hey Lex," he replies as he makes his way to sit on the edge of my bed. "I need to talk I you?" he asked looking me with an apologetic smile.

"Sure?" I ask, he looks so serious and I'm curious as to what's up.

"Me and Elena have been doing some research..." he answered hesitantly.

"About what?" I ask him getting even more curious now.

"About Avia," he said, my face instantly getting red with anger. I never usually get mad at Stefan, but this was my friend he was talking about. " Let me explain," he insisted, seeing the look on my face. I nod telling him to continue.

"When you and Avia came into town, Elena was talking to her Aunt Jenna about Avia, about how she became good friends with her. And well Jenner thought she recognised the name, and so she asked about her last name. (A/n don't think I have her one :/ but now it's Flemming, wink wink) And well I think Jenna recognised the name as she gasped when she heard it. From what I can gather so far, it seems Elena and Avia may be sisters as Elena's mother's name was Isobel and Avia's last name is Flemming. I mean it can't just be a coincidence, can it?" Finishing his explanation with a pleading look, probably hoping I could understand and reason.

"I..er...what?" I asked not able to form a full sentence.

"I know it's a lot to take it, and we need to ask Avia some questions, to know for sure, but Jenna said that when Isobel gave birth to Elena in Grayson Gilbert's care that she had twins, left one but took off with the other. I guess Jenna was told that Isobel had twins and the names they had chosen." I don't know why to say I'm sitting here in silence staring at Stefan like he's speaking a different language.

"So, Lex do you think she'll be up for it?" He asked, with a hopeful expression in his face and a smile on his lips. I love, as my best forensic of course and I'll do anything for him.

I reply with a nod, "Erm, I'm sure Avia will be happy to help you figure this out." I smile as I finish my sentence.

"Great, Elena will be happy to know." And with that he left the room, closing the door on the way, back to Elena who was waiting for him in the kitchen.

I head downstairs, as I reach the bottom I hear a car pull up outside, Avia and her date. I hear them walk to the door and then start to make out. Awwwww, I think to myself.

"Well someone's been busy!" I tease as she closes the door behind her. I hear Elena giggle form the kitchen.

"In going to hunt, be back in a couple of hours!" She rushes out, then turns and leaves the house. She's so gonna get it when she gets back. However I think I'll tell her about the Elena situation first.

//////After Elena hunts //////

I'm sitting in the living room with Stefan and Elena, waiting for Avia to get back from hunting, and avoiding conversation.

I hear the front door open and close, then see an embarrassed Avia standing in the living room. "Avia we need to talk to you," I tell her with a serious expression. Her facial expression became worried. I motion for her to sit and she does, sitting opposite me, Elena an Stefan on the other couch.

"What's up?" she asks nervously.

"Nothing bad, we promise!" Elena replied with a slight smile, maybe to help lighten the mood a little.

"Well, we think you and Elena, may be related, twins even, but we need to ask you some questions to be sure." Stefan speaking for the first time since she came in.

//////After Stefan tells Avia what he told Lexie//////

"Wow!" is Avia's response to the bombshell Stefan just dropped.

"Now a few questions?" Stefan asks making sure she is okay talking about the possibility. She nods for him to continue. "What's your date of birth?"

"June 22nd, 1992," she replied. Gaining a gasp from Elena. "Is that yours too?" Avia asked. Elena nods, hugging Stefan's side as he tries to comfort her.

"Next question, do you remember your mother's name?" Stefan asks.

"Well I was an orphan, they told me that my mother had come from America and dropped me off at the orphanage I grew up in and left, they told me her name was Isobel Flemming, they gave me her last name. But that's all I know about her. I was then adopted by my best friends parents," with that she looks at me with a sad expression, and I instantly feel guilty," you remember her, right Lexie?" she asks with nothing but sadness in her voice. I nod and she turns back to Stefan, waiting for the next question.

"That's all I think." He replies, "We have a lot to consider now, we'll have to tell Jenna tomorrow." He says looking towards Elena. "Maybe tonight you and Avia can get to know each other some more, as the probability at the moment is very high that you two are in fact twins." with a smile on his face he stands, kisses Elena goodnight "I'll be back later, alright?" Stefan tells her, she nods and he heads for the door.

"I'll leave you two to it then," I say as I leave to hunt, some fresh, warm blood would be good right now.

"Okay, bye." they murmur in sync, followed by a giggle. With that, I'm gone leaving them to talk.

----------------------------------------------A/N: What's this? Another chapter? :0 it can't be! Hehehehe. Hey I know it's been like forever since I've updated but I hope this makes up for it, a big twist, truly making it more of a TVD fanfic. Well, hope you like. Vote, Comment and all and I'll talk to you next time! BYE!!xxx