Chapter 7, returning to England

Taylor's POV

Tom doesn't wake me until after we've landed, I pick up my suitcase and take Tom's hand. 

"Do you think they know where we are?" Tom asks,

"You never know," I reply.

Sure enough they have no clue where we went. The only fuss Tom and I get is a couple of members of public taking photos, nobody actually approaches us.

"Did you manage to sleep on the plane?" I ask,

"Yes, I did manage to a little," Tom tells me,

"Ok, so where do you want to go first?" I ask,

"Well we're due at Farnham Castle at 11," Tom explains,

"Ok," Taylor says.

We walk out the airport and into the back of the car. I explains to the driver where to go. We're sat int the car for about an hour and a half. Tom gives me a hand out the car. The grounds are so beautiful.

"I like it here," I say,

"It's very picturesque," Tom tells me.

I not in agreement. It's sort of like a fairy tale. Tom looks down at his phone for a moment. 

"What is it?" I ask, 

"Just a message from Benedict," Tom tells me

I nod, it is really pretty here, Tom and I are shown around by one of the workers, I really like the chapel on site. I give Tom a nod.

"I'll go check for availabilities," Tom tells me.

He isn't long but comes back with a shaking head.

"They don't have any slot for another year," Tom tells me,

"Ok," I reply.

We get back into the car, we drive to Wasing Park. This place is even more beautiful. This is all like a dream come true. When Tom checks to see if there are any availabilities. Apparently they had a cancellation so we've been fitted in.

"We need to just check something, you're not going to be telling anybody of our being here are you?" I ask,

"I wouldn't dream of it miss," the worker tells me.

I smile at them. I put the booking on the credit card. I take Tom's hand and we get back in the car. Tom looks at me.

"Would you mind terribly if we dropped in to see my parents before we left?" Tom asked me,

"No, I'd love to see them," I answer.

Tom smiles he gives the driver directions and I call Phil to change the airport to meet us at. We arrive outside Tom's mum's house. Mrs Hiddleston steps out the house, she looks very happy to see us.

"Hello Mrs Hiddleston," I say,

"Honestly Taylor, please call me Diana," Diana tells me,

"Very well then," I agree,

"Oh come in it's cold out there," Diana tells us.

Diana hushes us inside. She offers us hot drinks and eventually sits down with us.

"So to what do I owe the pleasure?" Diana asks,

I look at Tom who then takes a hold of the hand with the engagement ring on it.

"Well mom you see," Tom begins,

"Oh Tom, you can tell me anything please do hurry," Diana tells him a little anxious.

I placed a hand on my engagement ring.

"Mom, we've gotten engaged," Tom tells her,

"Oh my! So soon, I mean I knew she was the one for you but, my so soon Tom," Diana says.

I move my hand to my stomach and look down.

"Well we felt like it was for the best," I tell her,

"Oh my, how could you have not told me sooner Tom, you could have called," Diana said,

"We haven't known long ourselves mum, and I wanted to tell you in person," Tom explains,

"How far along are you?" DSiana asks,

"five weeks," I reply.

Diana gives a nod in approval. I smile, I then zone out of the conversation to allow for Tom and Diana to catch up. I bring myself back into the real world when Tom puts his hand on my knee.

"Shall we get going then?" Tom asks me,

"I suppose," I reply,

"Lovely catching up with you Taylor," Diana tells me,

"Thank you, I'll see you soon," I reply. We get out the house and Tom holds the door open for me. I mutter a thank you. The driver takes us to the airport.

"Are you ok?" Tom asks me "you've been a little distant all day,"

"Sorry, I'm not sure," I reply.

Tom just takes a hold of my hand. I rest my head against him. The driver pulls up at the airport and hold the door open for Tom and myself. Tom gives me a hand out and I then wrap my arm around Tom's. We get onto the plane as quickly as we can. Before long the plane is in the air. I watch out the window as the ground becomes smaller and smaller below.

"Do you want to see your own parents?" Tom asks me,

"I'll call them when we land," I reply,

I'm not sure if I'm ready to confront my parents about this. I sigh and leaned my head against Tom.

"This is going to a long 9 months," I say,

"I would think so," Tom agrees.

It's still fairly early so I can see the ground fairly well. I love looking down under the plane, Tom leans his own head to see what I'm looking at.

"I thought you were scared of planes," Tom said,

"I am but the view is just so pretty," I explain.

Tom nods is agreement. I continue to look out the window until we start to fly over the water. my air hostess brings us a little food but I'm not hungry, I give my dinner to Tom.

"Who has been looking after your cats?" Tom asks me,

"For less then twenty four hours, they've been looking after themselves," I answer,

"Surely they get lonely," Tom points out,

"They have each other, though I am not sure they like one another," I reply,

"I suppose," Tom replies,

I'm not sure how he feels about me leaving my cats, I'm sure it's ok though. It's gotten really dark outside the plane so I turn of my light.

"Are you going to sleep?" Tom asks,

"Yeah I think so," I reply,

Tom puts his arm around me and I lean against him, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.