Chapter 22, Natalie

Tom's POV

I take a hold of our new baby girl. Natalie Taylor Hiddleston. I choice her name. I hand over Libby to Taylor. Two year old James comes toddling into the hospital room.

"Hello James," Taylor says.

I hand Natalie back to Taylor and pick up James.

"Come and meet your new new baby sister, Natalie," I says.

James makes a grab for Natalie. I sit him down and Taylor, though she hesitates hands Natalie over to James and allow him to hold her.

"Be careful James," Taylor says softly.

James holds Natalie and is almost overjoyed. Eventually the excitement wears out and puts Libby down and walks off. I pick Natalie up and hand her back to Taylor.

"I'll go find him," I say.

I follow James into the hall way. He has began to pretend he is an aeroplane. Taylor walks out moments later. She's got her bag on her shoulder and is carrying Natalie. I pick James up.

"It's time to go home little munchkin," I say.

James yawns at me. I buckle him into his car seat and Taylor does the same for Natalie. We turn around. I hold the door open for Taylor. I driver us back home. We haven't had anywhere near as many reporters recently as we had before. I mean I'm glad, Taylor has been quietly working on another album. I made her, I saw how she struggled when she wasn't writing. However due to how quiet Taylor has been about the making of the album most people think she is over and have left our little family alone.

"Look, she's adorable," Taylor says.

She's pointedly talking about Natalie.

"I'm glad that this is how our family turned out," I say,

"I am too," Taylor agrees.

I pull up in front of the house. I help James inside.

"hungry," James moans,

"Come on then, lets get you something to eat," I say.

I pick James up and take him into the kitchen.

"Would you like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Taylor asks,

"Yeah yeah yeah," James agrees. 

Taylor then walks upstairs with Natalie.

"Taylor I don't know what they are," I say,

"Just a sandwich with peanut butter and... Jam," Taylor tells me.

Right. I pull out the Jam and peanut butter and spread it on the bread. I hand James his very weird sandwich. To my surprise James eats it up making a huge mess while he's at it. I clean it up and Taylor comes down. She send James off to play and makes coffee.

"You look exhausted," I say,

"You try having a child and you tell me how you look," Taylor laughs,

"I think I'll take your word for it," I say sitting down next to her.

Taylor takes a sip of her coffee. She looks at her phone momentarily.

"My parents are asking about Natalie," Taylor chuckles,

"I didn't say anything to them," I say,

"That's the thing, they don't think she's been born," Taylor tells me putting her phone down.

James comes running in with one of his trains.

"Choo Choo," James squeals.

I pick up one of James's trains and follow him back into his play room. James is throwing his trains everywhere, I think he's pretending they're fighting or something. I'm not to sure thought. Taylor is perched at the door, just watching. I walk up to her and hand her a train.

"It's your turn," I say with a laugh.

Taylor looks at the train. She sits down next to James. I sit down also. James seems to be ecstatic that we've got some of his trains, he begins to push his toys around the track. I put a tiny teddy bear on top of his Thomas toy.

"Choo Choo!" James squeals again,

"Choo Choo," Taylor laughs.

Taylor and James turn and look at me. Waiting for me to say something.

"Choo Choo?" I say questionably,

"Honestly Tom," Taylor laughs.

She kisses my cheek. We then hear Natalie crying upstairs, this makes James cry also. Taylor runs upstairs. I take a hold of James.

"Do you want a cookie?" I ask.

James stops crying and nods his head. I take his hand and we go to the kitchen. I find the cookie jar. I open the lip and let James take one but I think he may have taken two. James then runs around the house now fueled by his new found cookies. Taylor walks back downstairs with Libby. I take a hold of her and take Natalie off her hands.

"Hello, I'm your daddy, hello baby Natalie," I coo.

Natalie makes a sort of gurgling sounds.

James then puts his hands up and starts tugging on my jeans.

"Up! Up!" James says.

I hand Natalie back to Taylor and pick James up. James however makes a grab for Natalie. I put James on the sofa. Taylor thinks for a moment then let James hold Natalie.

"Hello," James says.

Taylor puts her arms around me.

"Hello," James repeats.

He then put Libby down next to him on the sofa and walks off. Taylor picks Natalie back up.

"What do you say to popping round my parents house so they can meet Natalie?" Taylor asks,

"I think that's an idea, but wouldn't James get bored on the flight?" I ask,

"He can sleep through it can't he and watch a film," Taylor suggests,

"But would he honestly do that?" I point out,

"Probably not, but it's worth a shot, my parents haven't seen James in ages and Natalie never," Taylor replies,

"Well ok, if you really want to," I give in,

"Thank you," Taylor says.

She kisses my cheek then walks to the kitchen with Natalie most likely to fix her a bottle. James follows Taylor into the kitchen. He walks back out a little later with a cookie.

"Where did you get that?" I ask,

"Mum," James tells me,

"You're like a little cookie monster," I laugh,

"Who dat?" James asks.

I go onto YouTube and find a video of the cookie monster. James laughs with delight every time there's a cookie.

"I met the cookie monster once," I laugh,

"I see! I see!" James tells me,

"Maybe when you're older, you wouldn't understand it," I say calmly,

"Whyyyyy?" James complains,

"Because you just wouldn't" I say.

I pick James up and walk him back to his little play room.

Yeah I know I know, not my best work but I wasn't really... feeling it. If you have any ideas please comment bellow

-Violet