Finding Home

Dust. Lots and lots of dust. It's practically setting up residence in my nose right now. I sneeze loudly, my eyes watering as I turn to face the boys, who are rubbing their already red-tipped noses vigourously.

"Ugh." I complain, diving head first onto the nearest double bed. It's then, I realise, that there are only two. One in this room, and one around the corner. Hell. No.

I grit my teeth against the urge to sneeze and roll onto my back, scooping my blonde pine-apple hair into a loose bun with a sigh. The motel room is worse than the other one we had stayed in when Greyson had knocked me out. At least that one got cleaned occasionally.

This one hadn't seen bleach or carpet cleaner in years. It hadn't seen window wipes or those Duck toilet things either. It smelt like mothballs and wet dog. Not to mention the dust. It covered every surface, what seemed like inches deep of the stuff.

Floral print bed spreads. It seemed to be a reoccuring thing in cheap motels and hotels.

"What are we doing here?" Amon groaned, falling onto the sheets beside me. He flung his arms and legs out like he was going to make a snow angel- except this was Australia, and that was not going to happen- his leg covering mine, his arm across my chest.

I groaned as his elbow dug into my boob. What is it with guys and that body part? "Get off me!" I snapped, pushing Amon so that he rolled to the end of the bed. He stuck his tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes at his antics. He acted like a five year-old all the time.

"We're here for a reason." Benny concluded, dumping his and Greyson's bag on the ground beside the bed. "Right, Grey?"

Greyson saltured out of the kitchen, taking a massive bit of a green apple he seemed to have magically produced from somewhere. He shrugged. "Not really."

I gasped. "What? What are we doing here?!"

Greyson smirked at me, and I wanted to hit him until it fell off his gorgeous face. "I don't know. Do you want to be here Grace?"

I eyed him warily. He can't know that Mum lives here, can he? "No." I said firmly, nodding like I was trying to make myself believe it too. "I have no reason to be here."

Greyson raised his eyebrow at me, taking another bite of the apple. It was like he was challenging me. "I don't." I protested. "What would I want with this dump of a place?"

Amon's head snapped up and he glared at me. "Hey!" He frowned. "My Dad and his wife live here."

I cocked my head. "Really? And your mum?"

Amon ignored my question, lying back on the edge of the bed.

"Mum is dead." Benny answered, blank faced.

"Hey!" Amon protested again. "You didn't have to tell her that!"

They continued bickering, when suddenly something popped into my mind. "Wait a minute, are you guys... related?"

Benny and Amon shared a glance before cracking up laughing again. It was appreantly so funny, that they were reduced to tears, Benny's legs going weak as he sank down beside the bed, shaking his head madly as if trying to get my stupid words out of his head.

I kicked out angrily, knocking Amon off the bed and into Benny. They both feel down into a heap, a groan let out from benny, who was lying on his back, his knees still out in front of him, Amon sprawled across his chest.

"Ha." I laughed, sticking my tongue out at Amon, who glowered at me.

"Yes, we're half- brothers. Duh." Benny huffed suddenly, chucking Amon off him and into the nightstand. Getting to his feet, Benny took Amon's spot beside me, leaning on his elbow to look at me. "Can't you tell?" He waggled his eyebrow at me suggestivly.