A tough decision

Wow, I haven't uploaded in nearly two months. Awkward. Anyways, bare with me through this, okay? And I am really sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greyson's POV

I felt my shoulders tense and my hand clench around the butt of the hand gun. This was it. I hadn't known Grace long, but I didn't care. I was paied to protect her, yes, but it had become something more than just a job to me. It had become as necessary as breathing.

Grace was beautiful, despite her now semi-washed out blonde dye and her empty smile. She was someone I needed to be around and there was noway I was going to let any ugly, two-faced bastard who didn't know a game from something that defied the Geneva Convention take her away from me.

Benny gripped my arm and broke me out of my rever. I slowed my breathing, realising I wasn't as ready to do this as I thought. He nodded to Amon, taking the lead o give me time to fix myself up. In one swift motion that reminded me that the Brother's had both taken Karate over the years, they slammed their feet into the door, the metal denting and falling in on itself.

 Benny nodded to Amon and they both charged at the door, shouldering it off it's hinges.

"Quick," Benny said, grabbing my arm and hauling me inside after a cautious Amon. "Someone had to of heard that."

Amon checked the doorways before slightly lowering his gun. "That was unbelievably cliched." he whispered.

The clinking of locks stopped Benny from shooting him a sarcastic reply, and instead raising his gun and pinning himself back against the wall on the opposite side from Amon. I snapped into my training and followed suit. This was no time to be thinking of Grace's eyes and her lips, this was a time to be saving her life. One slip up, one mistake and it could be the end of both of us.

A thick metal door opened at the end of the dark hallway and Benny took a step closer. He looked at Amon, his eyes flashing for a moment with fear. 

In that moment it became obvious that not all of us were getting out of here alive. Tonight, I would be leaving here with Grace, I would make sure of it, but I would be leaving the body of my one of my friends behind. 

Benny sent a signal to Amon as the door opened fully, two men appearing, guns lazil hanging from their arms by their sides. In one swift motion, Benny and Amon attatched sliencers to their hand guns and shot the men at the end of the hallway with perfect aim.

Blood seeped from their wounds as they slumped silently to the floor.

"Well," Amon said, reaching out to lean on a closed door. "No one would have heard that."

As soon as his hand hit the door, the handle gave way and he fell backwards, crashing into the floor.

The door fell. It banged against the ground, echoing loudly; so loudly that the heads of all twenty men inside the room turned to look. It took all of five seconds for them to raise their guns and begin firing. 

Benny tucked and rolled against the door as Amon scrambled out of the way. He took a deep breath and threw himself into the firing line. After a few rounds he tucked back against the door frame, blood seeping from his arm.

Amon had a hand pressed against his side, his face scrunched together in pain. They’d both been hit, although Benny had only been grazed. Benny looked up at me.

“Go!” He yelled over the echoing sound of the gunshots, ducking as wood splintered around his face. “Go and get Grace!”

I felt torn. I needed to stay. They were my best friends; my brothers. If they died, a part of me died too. Who was I without Benny and Amon? I shook my head. Who was I kidding- they could handle themselves! They were trained to deal with this. They had chosen this assignment with me. They had known the risks and they were willing to deal with the consequences.