The Beginning of the End

Dedicated to Lizabeth1012 because she forgave me for my 3 month non-upload period! Your awesome. Hope this is good enough for you!

Greyson's POV

I pressed the gun into Benny's hand, clicking on the safety. Benny watched my face for a moment, his eyes emotionless. "Grey. Breathe, okay." Benny chuckled and nudged Amon in the side. "The way he's acting you would think it would be the end of the world."

Amon laughed, pushing his favourite switch blade into the base of his boots. He grunted, pulling on a jacket to hide the gun that was strapped to his side. "Yeah. Personally I'm more worried about what I'm going to say when I finally corner Alexander." He pulled out his imaginary gun and pointed it at Benny. "Yo, Alexander, my man, let Gracie go, ya dig?"

Benny spluttered, shaking his head as he laughed. "Oh god. Thats gold. No, no its more like - how are ye poppet? Ready for tha' bullet!?"

I ground my teeth together, my jaw locking. How can they be so callous about this? Life, Grace's life, was hangin in the balance of tonight. Everythin rested on my shoulders; on our shoulders. Her life was in our hands and they were mucking around like five year olds!

"Shut up!" I snapped at them, slamming my fist down on the table in front of me. "Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Benny froze, his mouth still open, the words of his latest joke dying on his lips. Amon just rolled his eyes at me and loaded another gun, bending over to strap it to his ankle. I stood there, my shoulders feeling like they were spring loaded with tension.

"Come on Grey, lighten up." Amon said. "It was a joke."

I ground my teeth together. "I don't care, if it was a joke or not, understand?"

Bennt pat my shoulder. "Look, mate, we understand how-,"

Now I snapped. "How could you understand? How? Is the girl you love kidnapped by some psycho?" I growled it out, feeling more animalistic than human.

And then it hit me. My words resonating in the silence around me. I just admited my feelings for Grace. I just told Benny and Amon. I might as well have screamed it to the world. I felt stupid and pathetic. I barely knew Grace. How could I love her?

And yet, I knew I did. 

I looked up at Benny and Amon; trying to gage their reaction. I felt like a girl. Why did I care what they thought? My feelings for Grace where not going to change if they hated the idea.

Benny broke into a smile. "Bout time you admitted it, mate." He pat my shoulder again. "And we do know what your going through, okay? We love her too."

I shot him a glare, my mouth puckering into a thin line. 

"Not in that way." Amon corrected him, rolling his eyes again. "God man. As a friend. Honest."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Sure."

I chucked a radio at Benny, and one at Amon, strapping my own onto my stomach before pulling on a shirt. I checked them both over and picked up a magazine, loading my gun. "Lets roll."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace's POV

I screamed, arching away from the pain. The burns were getting worse. Every time the rod would be hotter and Alexander would hold it on for longer. 

My vision was already blurring. My head was already light. I couldn't feel my back anymore. I was in so much pain, I just felt numb. I couldn't think of anything, or concerntrait on anything for longer than a minute before I was tossed back into the horrible reality that was my cell.

Greyson. Greyson. Greyson.

Some how, that was what was running through my mind.

If that little kid had been right and hadn't been lying to me, Greyson was my only hope. He was the smallest ray of sunshine in this dark and gloomy world I had found myself in. People complain; saying maths class is totrue. They say family is torture. They say cross country and tests are horrible.

They have no idea what they are talking about.

Alexander chuckled loudly as Marco handed him the next rod. It was so hot, the end was starting to change from that black metalic colour, to a molten lava colour. He waved it in front of my face. 

"Where next Gracie?" He cooed, like he was talking to a baby. "The thighs?" He waved it over my legs. "The stomach?"I cringed away from him as he tapped his chin in thought. "How about the breast?"

I gasped for air, biting my lip as the pain attacked my chest. I screamed and writhed in pain. THe more I moved though, the move it hurt. But it's not like you could sit still and take it if someone was burning a hole in you.

I coughed and spluttered, my chest heaving with the effort to stay awake from the pain. Alexander chuckled. "Don't go passing out on me, Gracie." He cooed. He ran his finger down my collar bone, the same way a lover would. "I need to see the look on your face as it burns."

I hadn't realised someone had barged into the room until I heard them screaming. It sounded like I was underwater; everything drowned out by the rapid beating of my heart. Was it possible to lose your hearing from this? 

"-down stairs. They've taken out all the gaurds. I've sent down men, but they're heavily armed." The messenger coughed, panting from his run up here.

"What?!" Alexander screamed, dropping the burning rod on the floor. He advanced on the boy. "How many?"

The boy spluttered. "I don't-,"

Alexander lashed out and gripped his neck, forcing him backwards against the wall. "How. Many?" He demanded. "Tell me!" He yelled when they boy did nothing but gasp.

"Three!" He managed.

Alexander dropped him to the ground and stepped over him like he was nothing but a rag doll. "Marco." He snapped, ordering my half-brother to his side. "Grab my guns. Lets move."

They bolted out of the room, leaving me tied to the chair and the boy on the ground. I quickly recognised him as the boy who had passed on Greyson's message.

"Is it him?" I  croaked, feeling tears stream down my face. The pain was nearly unbareable.

The boy's body shook as he attempted to stand. He looked at me for a moment, before looking down, his eyes wide. My burns were bad, obviously.

"It's him." The boy weezed. "It's Greyson."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know its short. But I couldn't put the next bit in, because it's too much for one chapter, if you get what I mean. Anyways, I am on schedual, if you read my last message to you guys. Next to update is Running with the boys, which is schedualled for tomorrow night, but I may not be able to update until Friday night!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN!!!!

NOT EVEN EDITED> SORRY BUT ITS LATE AND I AM SOOO TIRED!