Truth is out...

Grace's POV

It's completely dark, except for a tiny ray of light that streams beneath the large door to my right. I've already checked it out and rattled the handle for hours, hoping someone would come and get me out of here. The guy who is leading this... kidnapping or whatever this is, is named Alexander. I feel like I should recognise the name or something, but for the life of me I can't remember a thing about him.

They searched me on my arrival and stripped me before shoving me in a coarse flour-sack like shirt that goes down the the middle of my thighs. I felt exposed, but since I was alone at present, I was more occupied with getting out of this place. It was literally a four by four mud-brick cell with a metal door to the left. No windows.

Earlier I had pressed my hand against the wall and found etchings. I can't see them, given that it's totally dark in here, but I managed to count most of them. Seven hundred and eight-four. Someone was in here before me. For a long time. I think it was my mother.

The door rattled and I stepped back, away from the etchings and waited. It flung back on it's hinges with a groan and I shrunk back from the light as it burned my eyes.

"Something in your eye, sweetie?"

I have no idea who this man is, because it sure ain't that Alexander bloke. Alexander was a wanna-be English Gangsta. This guy talked normally. Well, normal-ish.

"No, I'm just squinting at you for the hell of it." I snapped back, shaking my head. God these men were thick. I had no idea where I had found my sarcasm, I thought I might have dropped it back at Donald's house or something.

"No need to be snappy." The guy said. I felt his cold hands on my wrist. "Alexander wants you."

"I'm sure he does." I answered and let him lead me out of the room.

My eyes couldne't focus and all I could see was a black outline of a man when I blinked. I started feeling dizzy, like I was going to throw up and I knew it was because of the light hitting my eyes the way it did.

My feet his grass, although I could tell I wasn't outside. I didn't feel any wind, or anything else as I walked. I was definatly inside, which was extremely weird. Grass indoors? Cold tiles hit me next and my feet savoured the smoothness as apposed to the horrible cement that was my cell floor.

I felt a light slash of air hit me and the low groan of a fan as it swung back and forth on it's stand. If this guy was rich, why the hell didn't he just put aircon in every room?

Another door was opened and I was pushed through it. I stumbled and reached out. My hand hit something hard- a table top- and I steadied myself.

"'ow you feelin', Poppet?"

I sighed as my vision cleared enough that I could make out a chair in front of me. I slipped into it, the cold metal making my thighs tense as they rested on it.

"Oh, Alexander, I've missed you." I cooed sarcastically as his twisted face came into view.

"Snappy, I see." He commented, taking another drag on what my screwed up eyes determined to be a pipe. "Just like your Mother."

My fingers grip the table and I feel the metal digging into the soft parts of my palms. Thats totally gonna scar. "What did you do to her?" I snap. "What doesn't she remember me!?"

Alexander chuckles and my eyes sight adjusts enough to see a second man leaning against the wall behind Alexander. His face is stony and he's looking straight ahead like he's totally bored. My eyes flick back to Alexander and I cringe as his blackened teeth smile at me through his chapped white lips.